Scion FR-S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
One sitting in my condo parking lot....pretty sporty looking car, went to look it up...200hp and 151lbs of TQ 4banger, RWD 6speed option

Almost looks like new Supra

Scion FR-S | Prices And Information | Scion.com

media-animations-CarAnimation.gif

DSG dyno'd one it was 166whp .

i drove one at herb chambers yesterday while waiting for my V to be detailed. its OK. i don't see it as earth-shattering but then again i only got about 15 miles out of it...

It needs 100 more HP to hit the target it aimed for.

Yes, it needs a turbo, bad. Good for Toyota putting out a legit, affordable sports car, but it's under-powered for sure...

there is a BRZ STi..its a styling and handling package w/50 more hp (supposedly)

This is the new 240sx. I can't wait to get my hands on one some day. I wouldn't call it "underpowered". The chassis can handle way more though. They had to make cuts somewhere to keep the price in check.

its a light weight RWD car with a very low center of gravity and excellent handling

its basically a hard top miata with tighter handling and more power... i fail to see where that is a bad recipe
the miata is a fucking blast to drive... and every magazine has ranked this as more fun than the miata
the hatchback format also should yeild more useable space making it a more practical car than the miata... again dont really see where this is a bad thing

small, light, good handling, good brakes, a dose of practicality... those all seem like good things to me
adding more power runs the risk of removing "fun-ness"... i cant imagine a 300hp miata being all that much fun to bomb back roads with... of course i also dont really give a shit about drag racing or drifting and for the most part have grown out of doing 140mph down the highway... i put more value in a car that confidently carves through corners with purpose
:shrug2: ymmv

I like them. I think they look nice, and it's awesome to see a car that doesn't hit the 40k price mark because it has a few bells and whistles. It's about time they come out with a car that is affordable and you don't feel embarrassed to drive.

Back