Scion runs 6's at 200+ mph!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
http://www.highboost.com/movies/TitanRace/sciontctesting.wmv

leave it to titan :p

After generating a lot of buzz with a video of a 6.44 at 218 MPH pass during testing, the new Titan Motorsports Scion tC has won its first two races. The car debuted to the public with a distinctive copper camo graphics scheme at the prestigious Mac Tools U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis (an NHRA Powerade event open only to select Sport Compact teams). There, Brad Personett was able to take the victory with a 6.56 at 212.43 MPH versus Matt Scranton's 7.10 at 190.46 MPH. This win moved Brad into the class points lead.

The next race brought the Titan team back to the NHRA Xplod Sport Compact series in Las Vegas. Brad was able to make it back-to-back victories with a 6.56 at 216.31 MPH over new teammate Ed Marx. Driving the black and flame Titan Celica, Ed was able to land a runner-up position in his first event in a Pro RWD car. This moved Brad even further into the points lead with only two more races left in the season.
Before making the cross-country trek from Vegas to Englishtown, the Titan tC and Celica stopped off at the NOPI Nationals for a little show-and-shine. The team was able to meet lots of customers and fans and interact and socialize. The event was a success and the team can't wait to come back next year.

The last few weeks have been hectic, but exciting as the Titan cars make a late-season charge toward wrapping up the championship.

i aint b, but drag is gay, and that tC is SICK!

Could probably hit 6.3 if its perfect.

i think drag racing is pretty lame. i'd never dump that kind of cash into a car to get to drive it for a whopping 6 seconds of my life a couple times a month.

but still, that car hauls ass.

About 6 months ago, the car was bodied as a Celica.They must have gotten sponsership from Scion. I originally thought Christian Rado was gonna run that radical new FWD monster under the Scion bodywork. Haven't seen it yet.

Too bad, considering all the work was done by Bob Norwood Racing. Had a traditional-style Ford 9inch driving the rear wheels with an X-drive tranfercase, and huge ass front tires. NHRA tried phasing it out twice through rule changes - I wonder if they succeeded this time.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 22 2005, 06:49 AM
http://www.highboost.com/movies/TitanRace/sciontctesting.wmv

leave it to titan :p

After generating a lot of buzz with a video of a 6.44 at 218 MPH pass during testing, the new Titan Motorsports Scion tC has won its first two races. The car debuted to the public with a distinctive copper camo graphics scheme at the prestigious Mac Tools U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis (an NHRA Powerade event open only to select Sport Compact teams). There, Brad Personett was able to take the victory with a 6.56 at 212.43 MPH versus Matt Scranton's 7.10 at 190.46 MPH. This win moved Brad into the class points lead.

The next race brought the Titan team back to the NHRA Xplod Sport Compact series in Las Vegas. Brad was able to make it back-to-back victories with a 6.56 at 216.31 MPH over new teammate Ed Marx. Driving the black and flame Titan Celica, Ed was able to land a runner-up position in his first event in a Pro RWD car. This moved Brad even further into the points lead with only two more races left in the season.
Before making the cross-country trek from Vegas to Englishtown, the Titan tC and Celica stopped off at the NOPI Nationals for a little show-and-shine. The team was able to meet lots of customers and fans and interact and socialize. The event was a success and the team can't wait to come back next year.

The last few weeks have been hectic, but exciting as the Titan cars make a late-season charge toward wrapping up the championship.

[post=558306]Quoted post[/post]​

:worthy: TITAN

Originally posted by EGProject@Sep 22 2005, 01:24 PM
About 6 months ago, the car was bodied as a Celica.They must have gotten sponsership from Scion. I originally thought Christian Rado was gonna run that radical new FWD monster under the Scion bodywork. Haven't seen it yet.

Too bad, considering all the work was done by Bob Norwood Racing. Had a traditional-style Ford 9inch driving the rear wheels with an X-drive tranferblock, and huge ass front tires. NHRA tried phasing it out twice through rule changes - I wonder if they succeeded this time.
[post=558521]Quoted post[/post]​

they have a celica also

Wow. That's really not a Scion though- RWD, custom chassis? C'mon.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 22 2005, 09:39 AM
i think drag racing is pretty lame. i'd never dump that kind of cash into a car to get to drive it for a whopping 6 seconds of my life a couple times a month.

but still, that car hauls ass.
[post=558336]Quoted post[/post]​

well nero has a wealthy family so i guess you could say he didnt drop all that money. he was driving a gt3 porsche so he has the best of all worlds.

my friend works there so i get the scoop on things.

They prolly dropped the Celica because they have a Toyota factory sponsorship. And the Celica is no longer being sold in the US (And may not even be made)

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 22 2005, 09:43 PM
Wow. That's really not a Scion though- RWD, custom chassis? C'mon.
[post=558900]Quoted post[/post]​

Just like AEM's drag "Civic,"...rear-wheel drive, NSX motor...that's just the nature of the sport, the actual drag vehicles have little or nothing to do with the production cars they are modeleled after...

Originally posted by 94accordex+Sep 24 2005, 04:42 PM-->
@Sep 22 2005, 09:43 PM
Wow.  That's really not a Scion though- RWD, custom chassis?  C'mon.
[post=558900]Quoted post[/post]​

Just like AEM's drag "Civic,"...rear-wheel drive, NSX motor...that's just the nature of the sport, the actual drag vehicles have little or nothing to do with the production cars they are modeleled after...
[post=559845]Quoted post[/post]​

Kinda like NASCAR :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

all pro drag cars are tublular bodies anyway... so it doesnt really matter what sheel it is.

anybody remember that funny car ITR they made a few years ago? They took a v8 block and split it to make some 4000hp 4 cyl? It was in some magazine i cant remember which one.

Back