Scion runs 6's at 200+ mph!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

why not bolt in a chevy small block...you can put that thing in anything.

Quoted post[/post]]
Originally posted by 94accordex+Sep 24 2005, 04:42 PM-->
@Sep 22 2005, 09:43 PM
Wow.  That's really not a Scion though- RWD, custom chassis?  C'mon.
<div align="right">[post=558900]Quoted post[/post]</div>

Just like AEM's drag "Civic,"...rear-wheel drive, NSX motor...that's just the nature of the sport, the actual drag vehicles have little or nothing to do with the production cars they are modeleled after...
<div align="right">[post=559845]Quoted post[/post]</div>

Kinda like NASCAR :ph34r:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NASCAR = :mullet:

Yeah, except that 6 second Scion uses more technology than the whole grid of NASCAR cup cars. Drop $100k into R&D for a lighter valvespring that gets .00004 hp, and you're still running a souped up pushrod V8. I mean, LIVE rear axles? NASCAR? A pickup truck called, and it wants it's rear suspension back.

Oh yeah, 1600hp out of a 3.0L block is sick.

Why NOT run a live axle rearend??? Huh???

They make 4 sweeping turns per lap. It's not a road course. Live axles are WAY THE HELL stronger than ANY IRS setup and are also lighter. If handling doesn't matter, why the hell not use an axle?

ignoramus.

Because dampening an axle that goes side to side, and up and down effects both wheels and is harder to tune. Live axles are great for drag racing, but I think something better could be built for oval racing.

ignoramus, perhaps - but innovation was never a bad thing.

Of course something could be built better for oval racing, check out Indy cars and whathaveyou. The basic fact with nascar is that's just the rules for competing, just like any other motorsports event has restrictions, as does nascar. And since most of their cars (at least to begin with) are modeled after RWD live axle cars, thats just kind of stuck. Nascar is all about simplicity, and all about everyone having (in theory) the exact same car. While innovation is always good, it has to spread to the entire field to be put into use, and theres a lot of diehard car builders out there that wont let that happen.

Quoted post[/post]]
Of course something could be built better for oval racing, check out Indy cars and whathaveyou. The basic fact with nascar is that's just the rules for competing, just like any other motorsports event has restrictions, as does nascar. And since most of their cars (at least to begin with) are modeled after RWD live axle cars, thats just kind of stuck. Nascar is all about simplicity, and all about everyone having (in theory) the exact same car. While innovation is always good, it has to spread to the entire field to be put into use, and theres a lot of diehard car builders out there that wont let that happen.

Yeah, because the taurus, monte carlo, grand prix, and stratus are all rwd cars... :laugh:

I am a nascar fan, but i agree with the Live Axle as opposed to IRS.. More Durable.

Back on topic.. I saw the title and was like "WHOA! Somebody beat that fag rado!!" Then i saw the video and was like oh. :dry: That car isn't a scion... its a tube frame'd drag car.. nothing more. Swap a solara body on it and its the same as those street glow cars... :dry:

And to the v8 cut in half comment fo the 4,000 hp drag ITR... try again... It started as an ITR, and got a HAND MADE, 5.4 litre In-Line 4 that took like 4 years to develop. They hit a standstill, because they couldn't find an ignition to handle it until they found an engine management to control it... But they couldn't find a management system to control it until they found an ignition to handle it.

fuck that scion, i wanna see em get that box thing they sell the XB or whatever the hell it is to run 6's

Back