Scion Tc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im tellin ya, you should at very least take a look at the Kia Forte Koup
it has a nicer interior than the TC or the Civic
it looks better than the TC or the Civic
it has a better warranty than the TC or the Civic (10yr/100k)

the 2.4 SX model has more HP than the TC (173hp/168tq vs 161hp/162tq) , and has a 6 speed manual vs the TC's 5 speed (EX model is a 2.0 with a 5 speed 156hp/144tq)
the Kia comes with USB and Aux inputs standard
Bluetooth standard
AM/FM/CD/MP3/Sirius standard
the whole damn interior inflates, so insurance should be cheaper
you can get heated leather seats

029560_2010_Kia_Forte_Koup_A_Canadian_premiere.jpg

029561_2010_Kia_Forte_Koup_A_Canadian_premiere.jpg

029570_2010_Kia_Forte_Koup_A_Canadian_premiere.jpg

029572_2010_Kia_Forte_Koup_A_Canadian_premiere.jpg

im tellin ya, you should at very least take a look at the Kia Forte Koup

You sir, have just blown my mind with a sick looking car, I just created one and it came out to about 1500 cheaper than the Scion I designed. And there is a 1000 cash back and 500 rebate for military.... I am tempted.

Last edited:
no it looks like you just get a standard lock/unlock/trunk push button fob

2010_kia_forte_ex_sedan_21_cd_gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Just got quoted 18,950 on a 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX A/T with a sunroof, way lower than expected.

why the hell would you want an automatic?!?!?!

I clicked the wrong button and just realized that, I called the guy and asked and he told me just take $1000 off the price he quoted me, so 17950? for a fully loaded badass car, hell yes! I'm going tomorrow around 1pm to test drive it and we shall see if I come home with a new car or not...

cool shit... looking forward to your review

So many real badass cars can be had for the same money if bought used.

Hell you can find 350Zs in the low teens now.

So many real badass cars can be had for the same money if bought used.

Hell you can find 350Zs in the low teens now.

insurance man, insurance, I need something that won't run me into the hole with its premium...

Ok then back to the TL.

Are you assuming insurance prices?

People always think things like the color red will drive up the price, or the fact that its a sports car. Maybe the first year thats true but the #1 reason for a car to have higher prices from one car to the next is not the type of car. It's how much it cost to fix the car and how many times they've had to pay out money to fix a car.

Tc or other cheaper car = being owned by a younger crowed, same goes for things like my Trailblazer, a lot of younger kids drive them because their parents feel its a safe and good first car. Trailblazers as with civics, Tcs, and other cars tend to get wrecked A LOT.

I had a 350Z since 2003, my rates for it were pretty cheap, once the 350Z hit the 15-16K range on the used market I received a letter when my insurance was up for renewal. Sorry, due to recent claims of your cars class, we have to adjust your rates....... In other words it become cheap enough for 16-20 year olds to get ahold of them (the forums prove that) and now they're being wrecked left and right. So after 5 years of solid rates that only lowered a bit, it made a nice jump up.

I almost shit myself when state farm gave me a quote for the Trailblazer, my Benz is about $80.00/mo TL was about 70/mo full coverage, they wanted $140.00 a month for full coverage on the trailblazer..... I'm close with my agent I said WTF is up with that, they said, sorry, they get wrecked a lot. I went with another insurance company with basic coverage for the trailblazer since its just a beater truck.

My wifes Civic is more expensive then both my TL and C350 are, come to think of it, it's also more expensive then my 350Z. lol

Last edited:
no I called earlier today, just keep in mind that a 19 year old doesn't have the best premium rates as it is, much less adding a sports car on top of that

If you're set on a new car, look at the Forte Sedan. Not sure if it can be had with the same 6 speed though. I've driven both, and the sedan rides nicer and handles just as good. Not to mention insurance will be far less than a 2 door and way more practical. I think it looks too boy racerish. The styling on the coupe isn't going to age well, while I feel the sedan has a much cleaner look. Kia makes some nice stuff these days, but the resale value sucks balls and will continue to for awhile. If you plan on keeping the car until it bites the dust, then I'd say go for it. If your plan is to keep it for a couple years, you may want to look elsewhere.

If I were you though, keep looking at some used stuff. The only downside is that you won't be able to get as good of an interest rate unless it is a certified used car at a OE dealership. The plus is that you won't be taking nearly the hit on resale value like you would on a new car. If the TL is too expensive, look into a 6 speed Altima SER, or a 6 speed 7th gen Accord. My roommate just picked up an 06' TL 6 speed with 60k on the clock certified used for $18k out the door. The thing blows the doors off of any sub $30k car you can buy new today.

Back