Scissors Are Left in Woman After Surgery

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Here's The Story

Pat Skinner, 69, had part of her colon removed at Sydney's St. George Hospital in May 2001. But she said that she continued to suffer intense pain in her abdomen for months after the operation.

Eventually, she demanded doctors x-ray her abdomen. They did and discovered the 6.7-inch pair of scissors, which were removed in October 2002.

Who the fuck do they have as surgeons...Cheech and Chong????

"We have put this down to human error. I've been executive director here for four years, and in that time we've done something like 40,000 operations and this is the first time this incident has occurred."

Well i sure as fuck hope so.

Now i can clearly why i have a fear of anything having to to with doctors and sharp ass objects. There are too many that dont know what the fuck they are doing.

My ex girlfriend made me watch this Oprah show and it was all stories like that. One time a lady had a fist full of bandages left inside her after she had her baby.

And another time the doctors charts got mixed up and one guy got his dick cut off for no reason!! :eek:

Another lady had breast cancer and then they removed her breasts, then they told her after the fact that she didnt have cancer at all.

There were like 10 of these stories on that show. It was crazy.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Apr 22 2004, 07:13 PM
My ex girlfriend made me watch this Oprah show and it was all stories like that. One time a lady had a fist full of bandages left inside her after she had her baby.

And another time the doctors charts got mixed up and one guy got his dick cut off for no reason!! :eek:

Another lady had breast cancer and then they removed her breasts, then they told her after the fact that she didnt have cancer at all.

There were like 10 of these stories on that show. It was crazy.

Damn that sucks, it jsut makes me wonder, where the hell did these docs go to school? They were probably crashed in the back of class all the time, just did good on tests and shit. :lol:

I had a sponge left in me after surgury, I had to have a second one to get it out. I do not remember, it was removed before I ever woke up from the first surgury. :)

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Apr 22 2004, 07:13 PM

Fuck that, my EX G/F made me watch Steele Magnolias, I wanted to die. It was however a good movie... I have a really shitty memory I may be confused.

What kinda shit happens to the doctors who do shit like that, multimillion $ law suits or waht?

My mom used to work in the hospitol as a Labren (SP?) dilivery Nurse. During a tour, there was a big trap on the floor with tons of rags on the ground. They said that was there because when ever they use another rag, they have to record it and in the end, they better have the same amount as they started with.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 22 2004, 11:36 PM
My mom used to work in the hospitol as a Labren (SP?) dilivery Nurse. During a tour, there was a big trap on the floor with tons of rags on the ground. They said that was there because when ever they use another rag, they have to record it and in the end, they better have the same amount as they started with.

??

are you saying they were counting to make sure none got left in the patient?

Originally posted by senate_9427+Apr 22 2004, 10:37 PM-->
asmallsol
@Apr 22 2004, 11:36 PM

??

are you saying they were counting to make sure none got left in the patient?

I think he means that if the count was ever off, they had hidden spares to make the count 'right'. :huh:

Back