SCORE!!!!! Oh yea....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
New stoppers for the whip...

Fronts..

s3f99767ba6052.jpg

s3f9975b41adc6.jpg

And the rears...

s3f99765435b78.jpg

Guess how much...that's right FREE!!! Along with a set of winter tires and the original VX 13" rims that came on my car. The brakes are from a 99 civic 5 door that wrapped itself around a tree. One of the trailing arms went to a car at the local Honda dealership, but I got the important part.

Now, here is where I would like some opinions. My present rims are 15" 4x100, these brakes have 4x114 lug pattern. Hmmm... should I, 1. hybrid the hubs and knuckles to continue using the rims I have, or 2. swap the whole things complete and buy a set of 17" Enkeis a friend has with new tires for $500, and sell the Rotas? I have my own ideas, but I would like a push over the edge if you get my meaning.

Originally posted by hybrid89@Oct 24 2003, 08:26 PM
roll new wheels. Live a little. Chnge can be good. Nice score!

But they're 17"s, a little big for my taste, of course the 4x114 pattern opens up the four lug type arrrr options too.

pick up mugen MR7's. you saved on susp., now spend on wheels. get accord, or prelude rims, all 4x114.3. good luck

Hey John, havent been on here in a while. Anyway, NICE FIND! Free is always the best price! :)

Ebay is your friend ;)

Hybrid the hubs/knuckles and save on both brakes and wheels... unless you have some extra cash you can spend on some new rollers. You might sacrifice some reliability if you go taking the hubs apart (doubt it, you're competent ;) )... so if you don't want to risk that, just get the larger wheels. I'm sure you could find a set and sell your Rotas for enough cash to only end up another $500 in the hole when you're done.

You could sell the VX wheels for some pretty good cash too!

I thought mostly all civic bolt-pattern and offsets are the same?
Which ones are different?
Anyway nice find, can't beat FREE!
My 94cx is gonna be parked soon and I wanted to do the brake swap too but I was leaning more towards the teggy swap.

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@Oct 24 2003, 08:11 PM
I thought mostly all civic bolt-pattern and offsets are the same?
Which ones are different?
Anyway nice find, can't beat FREE!
My 94cx is gonna be parked soon and I wanted to do the brake swap too but I was leaning more towards the teggy swap.

most american spec hondas are 4x100

while in japan the 97 [?] type r wheels were 4x114.3

preludes USDM are 5x114.3 just like the USDM type r

Yea, you can'y beat free. Haha, I think I am going to upgrade to the 114's and then run either my friends 17" Enkies or just some winter rims till next year. I'm sure I can get $400-$600 for a perfect set of Rotas with tires so the money isn't that big an issue.

What's up Fred, how you been?

So, Mike, you need some ultalight rims :)

And the rest of the goodies, think I'm going to put the tires on the VX rims and roll those till I get the 114 rim thing sorted out.

s3f9af8f12c320.jpg

s3f9af8dccd153.jpg

where's the pics of the rotas for sale?

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 26 2003, 01:14 AM
where's the pics of the rotas for sale?

Haha, they're on my car. If you're serios and have some rims, send me a PM :)

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@Oct 25 2003, 12:28 AM
most american spec hondas are 4x100

while in japan the 97 [?] type r wheels were 4x114.3

preludes USDM are 5x114.3 just like the USDM type r

The 96 ITR had 4 lugs. The wheels look bad ass, but at least in the US, the major problem is replacement for the brakes. In the US, the only cars that had the 114.3x4 were some accord models and ludes. The problem is, the prelude's rotors are a bigger size and do not clear the calipers. A guy on hondatech that went through brakes quick end up changing the calipers to lude calipers and brakets so he could run Lude rotors. The other option is getting some other rotors and getting them drilled to 114.3x4 spec.

Back