scraping sound

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stivic

I just put in my GSR motor and I know the TPS is bad in it I am replacing that tomorrow, that's causing some power loss and backfiring i know but theres another noise my motor is making which im not sure what it is, it sounds like a cd spinning n scraping something but theres no cd in the cd player lol i even disconnected it to make sure its no doubt coming from the engine i have no idea what the scratching sound could be can anyone give me some advice as to what i can do?? maybe valves r making that noise sounds like it becuz when i rev up and when the rpm gauge goes back down it gets a little can sound do i need to adjust them or something, feels like when im driving and when i slow down letting off the gas it makes the noise too anyone know what I need to fix????

Flywheel dust cover. You know that thin piece of steel that bolts to the engine and lower half of the transmission bellhousing? That might be rubbing the flywheel.

Back