Screw driving records

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spectacle

/rant
Well my chances of owning a s2000 are fubar'd. companies are quoting me $500+ a month to insure it. I don't mind paying a little bit more because I'm 20 yrs old with a few accidents and tickets in my past, but this is fucking rediculous. Now i'm forced to get another fucking civic and be like everybody else.

"You have nobody to blame but yourself. I told you to slow down." - Mom

yea. pwned by moms.

/rant over

ouch, thats gotta hurt when you are owned by your own mother, lol. That is shitty, but thats a fair price for that car, and considering your age alone. my friend who used to own jis car paid 350 a month, and he was 19. add in your accidents and tickets, thats about right.

I'd be willing to work my ass of to make the total $1200 a month for that car.

But you can't do that making less than minimum wage*

(*See "Capital F to Modesto Mazda" post)

You know... if you've been getting into trouble (speeding & accidents) with only a Civic, you'd just get into greater trouble with an s2k. It's all a numbers game with the insurance companies. So I really can't say that I blame them. *shrug*

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Dec 8 2004, 07:11 AM
Sorry. Sucks to be you I guess. 20 years old and can't get a s2000, how tragic. lol.
[post=428268]Quoted post[/post]​

I know it sounds kinda childish but I can afford the payments on a used one pretty easily but it just irks me that the only reason I can't buy it is because of fucking insurance. and I dont want to drive a civic again as a daily but I digress...

So get a WRX or EVO? 4 doors = much less insurance.

500 isnt that bad =)~

Why don't you get a quote on a Ford Lighting? maybe they will see that it's a truck and not read up on the details =)

a nice sporty car that MIGHT not cost tooo out the ass to insure since it's a lux style car is the G35.

P.S if it makes you feel anybetter I know a guy that has a Supra N/A and pays 550 a month.

Originally posted by Havok@Dec 8 2004, 07:30 AM
So get a WRX or EVO? 4 doors = much less insurance.
[post=428283]Quoted post[/post]​

the turtle was a 4 door. don't want another 4 door. the only 4 door I would probably buy new right now is a skittle but its still a damn Neon. wouldn't mind having one as a project/beater but i'm getting older and I want something that shows it. not another fuckin econobox on 'roids.

one more thing...why the fuck when you fill out these online quotes and they ask you how many tickets and accidents you have? everytime I call up the damn company and get a quote over the phone they can tell me exactly what I have based on my driver's license. You expect me to remember how many tickets I've gotten in the last three years? I can barely remember what I did last week. stupid fucks. :angry:

check esurance, it was the cheapest for me and technically I have a suspended license. I pay 170 a month for the lowest coverage on the 1990 Prelude S.

A clean GS-R sedan sans spoiler would be a wonderful upgrade from a civic. imo. I really love my sedan, especially as it has no outside GSR or DOHC badge. Stealth grey or white ones are teh yummy. An older M3 would be nice to have also.

a m3 would cost just as much or more than a s2000. You sort of should of known that it wouldnt be cheap, so dont get all pissy. face it, your 20 years old, you arent suppose to have nice things, lol, just suck it up for a few more years and then wait to buy a car, they will probably come out with something else that youll want by then, something better.

I was thinking more like an 89 M3... I love those gen BMW's. Anyway, all everyone wants is for you to be safe, in spite of yourself.

Speaking of older BMWs, I'm not sure what year it is, but a friend of mine has a late '80s 6-series coupe with no motor... I might talk him out of it and drop an sbc in it.

Back