Screw driving records

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Did you try some defensive driving courses to get some points off of your license?

I'm assuming its $500 because you're young, have to have full coverage on the car because its going to be financed, and you have some tickets/accident under your belt.

...any new car is expensive to put full coverage on for a young guy :angry: :blink: :angry:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Dec 8 2004, 02:19 PM
I was thinking more like an 89 M3... I love those gen BMW's. Anyway, all everyone wants is for you to be safe, in spite of yourself.
[post=428578]Quoted post[/post]​

The last thing you said is true, but its a sour lemon for us young guys to suck on because some of us CAN handle the responsibility.

I can't speak for him, but I know that I have no tickets, no accidents, a 100% clean driving record, never been at fault for anything other than a few parking tickets that don't go on my insurance, and its still ridiculous for me. ...thats not right, but unfortunately its how life works. sucks when you feel like you're getting the shaft.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 8 2004, 09:14 PM
...thats not right, but unfortunately its how life works. sucks when you feel like you're getting the shaft.
[post=428678]Quoted post[/post]​

I am getting the shaft. Fuck the system.

Originally posted by spectacle@Dec 8 2004, 10:56 PM
I am getting the shaft. Fuck the system.
[post=429012]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmmm.... actually New2TheCarScene is getting more of the shaft than you. He has a CLEAN driving record while you don't. Care to itemize your past moving violations and accidents for us? And on the accidents, what was the dollar damage?

face it, your 20 years old, you arent suppose to have nice things,

Not only does your driving record factor in to your insruance but a big part of it is your credit. Ever wonder why when you go to get insurance they do a credit check on you?

If I didnt have 4 different things on my insruance policy I would pay about $179 a month for my 350Z with full coverage at a $100 deductable.

keep in mind I was paying that at the age of 20.

your age as with sex plays a big roll in insruance but also credit.

Great credit means you're responsible. responsible = good driver in insruance companies eyes.

Not only does your driving record factor in to your insruance but a big part of it is your credit. Ever wonder why when you go to get insurance they do a credit check on you?

If I didnt have 4 different things on my insruance policy I would pay about $179 a month for my 350Z with full coverage at a $100 deductable.

keep in mind I was paying that at the age of 20.

your age as with sex plays a big roll in insruance but also credit.

Great credit means you're responsible. responsible = good driver in insruance companies eyes.
[post=429067]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol the credit issue is more of being able to get blood from something other than a turnip. If you have good credit, they expect you to pay and not have the car REPO'd, if you don't have any credit they're not sure that you can or will pay and will jack the prices to protect themselves, thats also why YOU HAVE TO put full coverage on a vehicle bought on credit.

...and I was paying $135 a month without collision for a beat up '94 Del Sol S, with what started as 105k on the ODO as a 17 year old and went to 140k on the ODO by the time I turned 19. The relevance of the mileage is that with the age and depreciation of the car should come the lower insurance prices...its not as much for the company to be liable for so it should cost you less. Let me tell you, even with the good grades discount (which they tried to rip me off on and say that I didn't provide them with proper documentation, after I showed them 3 copies of my grades...it took them 2 months before they could 'process' the discount at the beginning of the new year) they JACKED my rates when the car depreciated and I maintained a PERFECT driving record. Hows that for getting 'the shaft'.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Dec 9 2004, 04:32 AM-->
Care to itemize your past moving violations and accidents for us?
[post=429041]Quoted post[/post]​

No.

jeffie7
@Dec 9 2004, 04:53 AM
[post=429067]Quoted post[/post]​

I ran my credit on all three agencies a week before I tried getting quotes...average score of 726. I don't think its a matter of credit. I'm just shit out of luck and it sucks

Originally posted by spectacle+Dec 9 2004, 01:04 AM-->
94RedSiGal
@Dec 9 2004, 04:32 AM

No.
[post=429137]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay. I didn't mean to pry, but from your attitude and what you are implying about your driving record, if I were an insurance company, I wouldn't cut you a break on the rates. Frankly, you in a more powerful and expensive car and with that shitty attitude means a greater chance of you costing an insurance company more money than your premiums would bring in. And they don't like to lose money.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Dec 9 2004, 06:21 AM-->
Originally posted by spectacle@Dec 9 2004, 01:04 AM
94RedSiGal
@Dec 9 2004, 04:32 AM

No.
[post=429137]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay. I didn't mean to pry, but from your attitude and what you are implying about your driving record, if I were an insurance company, I wouldn't cut you a break on the rates. Frankly, you in a more powerful and expensive car and with that shitty attitude means a greater chance of you costing an insurance company more money than your premiums would bring in. And they don't like to lose money.
[post=429154]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm only mad @ myself SiGal...I just wish there was another way for me to get what I wanted. My whole thing with the S2k started when I realized that no matter what car I got because of my record I would get stupid high premiums. So I figured "hell if i'm gonna have to take it up the ass, I might as well do it driving something I like." Oh well, boosted civic here I come :zzz:

$135 a month without collision for a beat up '94 Del Sol S, with what started as 105k on the ODO as a 17 year old and went to 140k on the ODO by the time I turned 19. The relevance of the mileage is that with the age and depreciation of the car should come the lower insurance prices...its not as much for the company to be liable for so it should cost you less.

Couldnt be more wrong =)~ unless you had comp....

With basic Liability only insurance, The insurance company has to pay the same amount for your 10 year old even if it was 15 years old. why? Liability isnt based off the value of the car you drive. They don't care if your car is worth 50K bucks bottom line they will NEVER pay out anything to you. The only thing they pay out is the person you hit.

Liability only for my 350Z cost the same as my 86 toyoto pick up.

chances are they would have to pay out more money in a crash if I hit someone in the pickup then in the Z. Liability for my motorcycle is like 4 or 6 bucks a month.

I bet your rates went up because the rates as a whole for the state went up.

I see it happen a lot over on the bike boards. People will have insruance through a company that's based out of such and such state and when something in their state changes they can see anything from a drop in insruance cost or 10-20-30% and in some cases 100+% even with zero points zero tickets being married and old.

However, motorcycle insruance only insurance places seem to be much more touchy price wise if they happen to see a big spike in their area of bike theft then the rates can shoot up even if the person being insured has a perfect driving record and lives clear across the county.

I pay 34 a month full coverage for my bike with state farm. some of the motorcycle only places have quoted me up to 6K a year that's $500 a month for liabilty and comp. NO collision!!!!! picky bastards and I see people get screwed over on the net all the time with rates being jacked up out the ass for no reason.

Couldnt be more wrong =)~ unless you had comp....

I had/have comprehensive :). Thats why I said I didn't have full coverage but didn't just say liability. For straight liability it was like $110-120 a month.

I bet your rates went up because the rates as a whole for the state went up.

I live in New Jersey and the rates are going DOWN rather than up. I didn't even make mention of the fact that with those rates that I posted that was on my parents insurance which was COMPLETELY CLEAN, no tickets on ANY of the drivers in the house. If i had been on my own, insurance would have been something insane like $300+ a month, the lady said that it would've doubled or tripled if I was on my own.

...and thats through State Farm that was provided through my dad's company. My parents have had the same insurance for a good 10years or so now and have moved up to pretty much one of the highest brackets that State Farm has for longterm good customers...yet I still get bent over. My friends have different insurance companies WITH POINTS AND ACCIDENTS and still pay less than me.

shaft > me.

i am paying 79 for two cars a month

Update:

I called USAA today and got two quotes; one for a 2005 RSX Type S and another for a 1992 Civic Si.

RSX: $30882.75 6 month premium/ $539 a month full coverage
Civic: $1392.99/ $193.71 a month liability only

liability is not an option on the RSX as it would'a been financed.

fuck me.

Back