screw hondas!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Yeah thats right i think i hate my honda. Over the past 3 years my stock civic hasnt cost me much but i didnt prevenative matenance.

1. new dizzy
2. new alternator
3. new timing belt
4. new sensors all the time

and now... A NEW DAMN HEADGASKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats right the bitch blew on me last night. 650 dollars :cry: and 200 ish for a rental. All out of pocket, becausei have liability. So i drive a 2006 Auto convertable Mustang GT :) details later when i get off of work.

Original B7 HG's suck major ass. Luckily mine didn't blow cataclysmically and allowed time for a headswap.
OEM Honda MLS D16Y8 HG for teh fucking win.

shoulda done it yourself and saved you about 700 bucks. The people who really love their honda's do so because they do their own repairs. Because they are so easy to work on.

Agreed. But now that you have that Mustang you'll get the fucking disease like I did. You'll consider buying one.

Quoted post[/post]]
Agreed. But now that you have that Mustang you'll get the fucking disease like I did. You'll consider buying one.
please dont. my town is over run with mustangs and i absolutely hate them now. my immediate neighborhood(maybe 2 blocks) has 8 or 9. 1 white, 2 red, 3 blue, 1 green, and 1 black. the only one i would ever think of owning is the 2003 blue bullet that my friend has. and you think thats bad? my senior year between seniors and juniors there were 25-35. i cant tell you how many times after school people would try to unlock a mustang that was exactly the same as their's, just not their's.

Doesn't sound like any more maintenence than most other cars. My 88 corsica: 2 alternator, plugs, wires, coil packs, exaust pipe, muffler, calipers, o2 sensor, battery, fuel injector, ignition tumbler. My 87 pathfinder: plugs, wires, o2 sensor, exaust front to back, radio, clutch slave cylinder, clutch, + more that I could find out what was broke. My 92 civic: axels, alternator, battery, plugs, wires, o2 sensor, muffler, exaust downpipe, headgasket blew due to the thermostat sticking. 91 crx: nothing, new engine ;-). 92 hyndai sonata: new gas tank, fuel pump, fuel lines, plugs, wires, new brakes all around, o2 sensor, exaust front to back, transmission finally went. 92 ford tempo, new axels, plugs, wires. 98 nissan sentra: so far new calipers, muffler, o2 sensor, resistor card for the heater fan.

I always hated Honda's, until I bought one. :) They really are good cars, fairly dependable and very reasonable for parts costs. Not to mention there's tons of them in salvage yards :)

yeah... it hurts to pay 650 for a head gasket. But oh well this mustang is fu :) actually i went out tonight to look at a 2006 altima. I am thinking about the se-r version. I will wait and see. A quote for car insurance for the se-r would be 239 a month. Which sucks but that probably will be the deciding factor.

Rental Mustangs have the shitty plastic interior. Go to the dealer and check one out. not that I'm trying to sell you on one,

But you mention that too many people have Mustangs - And what, Altima's are rare ? Hondas ?!

Head gaskets in SOHC are simple. Hell, even the DOHC is simple. I consider it a $100, evening project.

well living in my apartment... i have no access to any of my fathers tools. Plus i just wanted ti done right and have a 1 year warrenty. I can do most things but this was one i was not gonna attempt. The car works great, and the engine seems alot quieter. And i never said altimas were anymore uncommon than mustangs. I just said i priced one because they are nice and right around my price range.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah... it hurts to pay 650 for a head gasket. But oh well this mustang is fu :) actually i went out tonight to look at a 2006 altima. I am thinking about the se-r version. I will wait and see. A quote for car insurance for the se-r would be 239 a month. Which sucks but that probably will be the deciding factor.

Altimas and Maximas both run 14.5 in the 1/4 mile. I'd buy either one if I had the cash. I don't think the SE-R is much faster.

Back