SDS EIC vs. AFC hack

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Ok, first off, i had no idea what an SDS EIC was untill i red Loco's stickey on turbocharging - thanks loco.

Im interested in boosting my motor, but i wanna choose a method of engine management that is best for me - i think Hondata (although its nice) is out of the question because it will be expensive.

Im wondering if any of you have any info on using an SDS EIC vs the AFC hack and which is better.

Do you feel the transition under boost? Will i still need a Missing link if i use the SDS EIC?

Thanks in advance.

i have no expr. with that, so i really cna't say...

but hondata is NOT that expensive. its $495 + $injectors + $dyno.

vs

safc/vafc $300 + $injectors +$dyno time

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 29 2004, 10:46 AM
but hondata is NOT that expensive. its $495 + $injectors + $dyno.

But you cant Programm a Hondata yourself if you spend 495$?

no, and if you don't know what you're doing with it, you shouldn't anyway.

getting a solid tune is more important than the system itself.

We all know that Hondata is the be all end all of management, but this isn't about that. It's about if the EIC is better than the AFC hack. I say yes because it's designed to work as such. The AFC isn't meant to work off the MAP, and you'll have a small lean spot when transitioning from vacuum to boost. EIC won't do that.

ok, i just red up on all the stuff at Simple Digital Systems (SDS) about their EIC. From my understanding, honda ecu's throw a code when under boost, but i cant seem to figure out how exactly the EIC keeps the ECU from throwing a code?
How does the EIC trick the ecu? Doesnt the bad map signal get sent back to the computer?

read my post in response to your 3-bar instead of missing link thread. i explained that

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Feb 17 2004, 02:22 PM
So b, i take it that the EIC tricks the ecu just like the AFC hack does?

The EIC is independent of the ECU. It's an Extra Injector Controller. When it sees boost, it adds fuel by way of the additional injectors that come with the EIC kit (or ones that you supply). To use this with a stock Honda ECU, you'd want to put a missing link on the OEM MAP sensor and buy a GM 3 bar MAP sensor and dedicate that to the EIC. While it won't control timing, it will solve your fuel control problems safely and reliably, and won't have the lean spot that the hack does because it's designed to read boost, unlike an AFC, which is designed to read throttle position.

Thats what i wanted to hear.

You know, it might just be a better idea to run the VAFC hack instead of the EIC.

Back