Se-rs Get Spanked By Civics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Today I just saw the new T.V. show SuperN2R TV or something like that. Anyway, it's way better than that Hi-Revv Tuner crap and a lot more info that adding APC tailights and adding 10 HP. The episode I saw was forum vs. forum. It was Se-r.net vs. honda-tech.com. The comp. only allowed Civics, CR-Xs, Sentras, and NX200s. The Se-r made impressive hp, one with 300+hp to the wheels (claim by owner) street legal, but don't know if its CARB approved. I didn't even know they can make those numbers with the SR20 blocks and KA24s. The Hondas made 200 whp, but owned on the turns. All in all, the Honda crew won by an overrall margin of 1.13 secs. I like the TV show, but not to big of a fan on the hosts. They seem kinda, uh gay? Anyway, check out the show Sundays at 12:00 PM Western, dont know on Saturdays. And I'm not trying to sell the show, just telling you guys theres an actual show on imports that don't only show big mufflers and shit body kits. Happy tunings..

yeah i saw that... that was bad ass... i love how the civics and shit had less power and still won... shows to alot of people that power doesnt always pay... i knew they would win... i could tell by the way they raced

I don't like that show very much. it's fun to look at the cars but i want to see a how-to show for imports. like hp tv or trucks.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@May 11 2003, 07:55 PM
Today I just saw the new T.V. show SuperN2R TV or something like that. Anyway, it's way better than that Hi-Revv Tuner crap and a lot more info that adding APC tailights and adding 10 HP. The episode I saw was forum vs. forum. It was Se-r.net vs. honda-tech.com. The comp. only allowed Civics, CR-Xs, Sentras, and NX200s. The Se-r made impressive hp, one with 300+hp to the wheels (claim by owner) street legal, but don't know if its CARB approved. I didn't even know they can make those numbers with the SR20 blocks and KA24s. The Hondas made 200 whp, but owned on the turns. All in all, the Honda crew won by an overrall margin of 1.13 secs. I like the TV show, but not to big of a fan on the hosts. They seem kinda, uh gay? Anyway, check out the show Sundays at 12:00 PM Western, dont know on Saturdays. And I'm not trying to sell the show, just telling you guys theres an actual show on imports that don't only show big mufflers and shit body kits. Happy tunings..

Nice title topic.. since when was 1 second over all "spanking"? SR20det's can put i think 400 on stock everything, or is it 300 :-/ i forget. But that is stock internals. That 300whp one had a built motor in it.

In the world of racing, 1.13 sec can be the difference between 1st or 2nd and gaining sponser which means free money and parts. even though it is an overrall, to me its a quite a margin because ive seen people lose podem positions by literally hunderths of a sec and cry. anyway, chalk one up for the honda crew. B) btw, neone check out that forum? honda-tech.com?

ya those two guys on there are ....well.....seem a bit....how can i put this nicely?
FUCKING HOMOSEXUAL.

i saw the episode where Adam Corolla from the Man Show was on there and even
he was making wisecracks against them haha.

but i guess anybody whose daddy is somebody can get their own t.v. show.....

Originally posted by Domeskilla@May 11 2003, 09:52 PM
Nice title topic.. since when was 1 second over all "spanking"? SR20det's can put i think 400 on stock everything, or is it 300 :-/ i forget. But that is stock internals. That 300whp one had a built motor in it.

400+ easy.

There was something that stunk about that competition... I heard about it while they were filming it, and there was some unfair advantage that they gave to the Honda guys that wasn't allowed the Nissan guys. I'll have to ask my buddy what it was again. He called me bitching about it a few months back.

i saw that show too. it was pretty cool. i don't really care who hosts the show as long as the show is on every week. i think one of the 2 brothers used to wrench for Chris Rado or something like that, I can't remember. The point is they know their shit. They're not just a bunch of jackasses that they decided to throw in front of the camera cuz their daddy is somebody.

fuck man they seriously make 400+ stock internals? thats given its carb and street legal right? neway, they did seem like they knew what they was talking about and they alright, but seem uh.. ill leave it to you.. anyhow, please respond when you find out about that fishy something.. happy tunings..

carb and street lega means dick to anyone and everyone who has a car.

im running probably 16s right now, and my car isn't carb legal (intake) and isn't street legal (altered suspension).

nissan motors are closed deck, cast sleeved from the factory, and a lot of them use forged pistons.
thats kinda how we build turbo motors. their's are stock.

Thank You Nissan! ;)

Back in 92-95ish, the fastest autocross cars in the country were Nissan Sentra SE-R's... They are some BADASS mo-fo's, simply because of the long wheelbase, nimble suspension, stiff chassis, and a VERY broad torque band out of the 2 Liter SR20 pulling along a car that weighs as much as a 1992 Civic Si, but has 15 more HP, 30 more Ft LBS of torque, and actually rev's 300 RPM HIGHER than a 1.6L SOHC VTEC factory spec to factory spec.

When the Del Sol VTEC came along, so many people were bitching about it, they forced the Del Sol's to lock they're cams on one set of lobes, lo or high, drivers choice, jsut becasue they were able to outrun everyone in the stock category.

I was readin this in GrassRoots Motorsports Mag back in 1996 I think. It was a hoot. ;)

I'd been driving for 2 years, and had a 89 Civic STD model at the time... I dreamed to put a ZC in it back when that was the New Thing. :)

Funny how time flies...

BTW, I picked up that 1989 Civic STD with 22k miles on it, PRISTINE, 4 speed, no a/c, no NOTHING, for $2600, and a year later sold it for $3000 to fund the Si purchase. :)

man I missed it, its on Speed TV? like Hi-Rev? or what? I would love to see it, if so I will just go look it up on speedtv.com.....let me know...thanks

nah its on TNN or something.. the channel that has wrastling on :lol: .. anyway, its sat at 12:30 pm and sun at 12:00 pm, and HELL NO ITS NOT LIKE HI-REV <_<

Back