Searching for a complete Guide to swap an B16A2-Engine into my Civic EK HB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JohannesPK

Hi there!

Please don't complain abour my english. I am from germany an I really try to to my best.

All right, lets get to the point:
Right now I am driving a Honda Civic EJ9 (Hatchback with a D14-Engine-> 90WHP) and I just bought an B16A2 today.
I want to take my time to build up the Engine so I'm not in a hurry to do all that. Anyhow, I have to get the rest of the parts that were not included.
Just like the transmission, the header and the throttle valve, the Brakes for example, just to name some of the missing things.

To keep long things short, I am searching all over the internet for a complete guide to swap a B16A2 into my EK-Civic.

I bet there must be a complete guide out there but I just can't find it.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with that. I would also look forward to get advice and hints, how to keep things simple with swapping.

Thanks,
Johannes

Everything you need to know can be found on these forums. Also, I don't know if you are in Germany or in the U.S. right now but Autozone has a book on Honda motor swaps. While it is not highly detailed, it does cover the basics and then some. I recommend picking it up as a starting point. Otherwise, I have never seen an all inclusive swap guide online. Everything you need to know can be found here.

All right:

I need a complete part list.

Right now I am driving with an D14 an my goal is an B16.
I already have an B16A2 Engine out of an EG6 Civic. I just have the plain engine including the head and the intake manifold. Nothing else.

I know, I need the Engine Wiring out of an EG6 or an EK4 (Civic SI). I have no clue about the OBD and which ECU I need to have.

About the brakes:
I am going to switch to DC2 Brakes in front and maybe DC2 brakes on my rear axle. I know all about the brakes so I don't need to get this explained.

To say it in one sentence:
I know I am able to swap the Engine once I have all parts together, but I have no clue which parts I can use. It's not easy to find B16-Parts in Germany and aftermarket parts just like a header are to expensive in Germany so I will have to have some things imported from the US. :(

Since I need a lot of things which I could replace with Aftermarket parts, what parts are reasonable and good?
I am thinking of a Skunk2 Catback and an HKS or Greddy Header...

Thanks!

Greetings from Germany,
Johannes

Back