Seat Belt Ticket?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously...

Would you rather crush your ribcage on the steering wheel/column, or have a broken collar bone and some bruises?

i'm glad someone agrees with me here on this... we must be older or something :lol:

Hmm. Let's just say that I was very glad to be wearing a seat belt when this happened:

https://hondaswap.com/~mike/camry_wreck/

If not, my head would have hit the windshield and I probably would have died, or at least had some pretty serious injuries. I walked away from the crash with some bruises where the seat belt was, and some whiplash that has now been cured through chiropractic adjustments and muscle therapy.

if i hadnt been wearing my seatbelt nothing would have happened. the driver, who wasnt wearing his, didnt have close to a scratch and his side of the car was in way worse shape then mine. and about the broken ribcage, the airbag nearly took care of that, i had trouble breathing for a week or two and all my ribs were bruised from it, but thats a whole new topic.

i dont agree or disagree with it.

i just think its stupid to say stuff like ill be happy to scrap you off the pavement when you die from not wearing your seatbelt when there are people who die because they do wear there seatbelt.

like i said. if its meant to happen its meant to happen, who cares.

yah, how about the people who get their heads cut off by their setbelt, or other such injuries.

The state has no right to decide if I should wear my seatbelt. It's my life, not theirs.

Anti-Seatbelt people are funny.

But they will disapeer with time. Where I live, wearing your seatbelt has been the norm for a long time. I remember seeing "Drivers Education" videos from the 80s where people were arguing against seat belts... That certainly passed with time.

The truth is and the numbers show it, is that seat belts save lives. I don't care what happened to your cousin in Texas.

I don't know how healthcare works in the US, but I am glad in Canada that it is mandatory because I don't like the idea of paying for some Dumbass's reconstructive surgery after being ejected from their vehicle because it was "his choice" not to wear his seat belt.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jun 6 2003, 12:37 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jun 6 2003, 12:32 AM
if seat belts are bad, why do all the race cars use them? they hold in more than a regular belt does.

your reasoning and accidents don't mean much, cuz you don't know for sure what would have happned HAD you put it on- i mean shit, HAD you put it on, you would have been 3-5 seconds behind schedule, and that dude would have hit the car in front of you, not you.
its all fate and what ifs.

seat belts save lives, end of story.

those are 5 point harness that race cars use... since your car dont have a 5 point and they aren't standard in the world.. that argument is useless.

And your observation is useless if i would have died? are you a dr? no

You're flat out wrong, thats all there is too it. If you're extremely small/underweight than I could see not wearing the seatbelt or having an airbag, but otherwise you're an ass not to. You moving around in the car didn't save you any, it tossed you where you couldn't keep control of the car.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jun 6 2003, 12:56 PM
what about ppl who die or burn to death b/c they were held in by a seat belt?

If they couldn't move enough to release the seat belt, than they wouldn't have had the ability to move enough to get out of the car anyway.

I dont wanna wear a Seatbelt! *boohoo* I dont have 8 seconds to spare on the easy physical motion of attaching a seatbelt! *boohoo* I'm a freakin' moron! *boohoohoo*

If you dont wan't to wear your seatbelt, thats fine by me. I just think its funny that you drive on the STATES roads using a STATE issued license, and still complain when the STATE asks you to wear a strap of kevlar to maybe save your life. Some might argue that they are your roads, cause you paid the taxes. You pay taxes to the state, then the state uses the money you (had to) give them to make and maintain the roads you drive on...oh well

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 6 2003, 01:12 PM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jun 6 2003, 12:37 AM
pissedoffsol
@Jun 6 2003, 12:32 AM
if seat belts are bad, why do all the race cars use them?  they hold in more than a regular belt does.

your reasoning and accidents don't mean much, cuz you don't know for sure what would have happned HAD you put it on-  i mean shit, HAD you put it on, you would have been 3-5 seconds behind schedule, and that dude would have hit the car in front of you, not you.
its all fate and what ifs.

seat belts save lives, end of story.

those are 5 point harness that race cars use... since your car dont have a 5 point and they aren't standard in the world.. that argument is useless.

And your observation is useless if i would have died? are you a dr? no

You're flat out wrong, thats all there is too it. If you're extremely small/underweight than I could see not wearing the seatbelt or having an airbag, but otherwise you're an ass not to. You moving around in the car didn't save you any, it tossed you where you couldn't keep control of the car.

and so i'm an ass b/c i wont wear mine? chalk another honduh dickhead up on the tally. Try and convince me to, dont call me an ass, b/c i'm not one. You have your opinion and i have mine, but that doesnt make me an ass, it makes you an ass and ppl like you are making honda's look as bad as the DSM guys.

On another note.. if you are upside down, you put strain on your seat belt where you cant unhook it. But i'm sure you realized that before you posted, didnt you? Probably not, so stfu. There are a lot of instances where you can't get the belt undone for 1 reason or another.

I would rather be tossed from a car than inside while it crumbles into a pancake.. but dont call me an ass for my choice.

I was trying SOOO hard to stay out of this one but, I totally agree with Domeskilla. I have been in a few accidents myself and if I had been wearing my seatbelt when I rolled my truck, I would be dead. Or at least really hurt instead of drunk and mad that I rolled my truck. :rolleyes: I am not saying that seatbelts don't sometimes save lives, I'm just saying that it should be your choice. Are you pro-life too? No, it's not different - it all comes down to it being YOUR body and YOUR choice in what you do to it. I wear my bealt only because I get tickets like mad as soon as I take it off. And in response to the ORIGINAL question - YES, it IS a moving violation in CA. If you disagree kindly call the DMV and explain why I should get my liscence back. Thanx.

if your car is fucked up to the point where you can't reach your belt release- chances are, you probably should just wait for someone to get you out of the car anyway....

but enough of this arguing. its going no where.

wear it if you want
don't if you don't.

a thread isn't going to change someone who is so set in his/her ways to begin with.

the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back