1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seat Belt Warning

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by braass, Apr 24, 2007.

1. braass

braass New Member

How can I disable the seatbelt warning beep on a 91 honda civic hatchback? I am tired of it still beeping even after I have put on my seatbelt. Thanks

2. TheManRSW

TheManRSW TheManRSW

I unplugged mine from under the seat...made the light go out, but I don't think it ever really beeped at me.

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

disconnect the plug underneath the seat

4. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

I disconnected the plug under my seat about 5 minutes after I bought the car, and when the overhead indicator kept beeping at me I ripped it off of the ceiling and threw it out my fucking window.

Fuck Honda seatbelt indicators.

5. 91_Accord_Ex

91_Accord_Ex 88_CRX_DX

The overhead one is easy to take out all you do is take off the mirror. THe overhead also houses the beeper. is a small black cilinder just take teh whole circut board out. (keep it if u want its extremely annoying if you hook it up to a 9 volt and throw it somehwere out of reach). But it is easy to un hook then all you have to do is unhook the bulb from behind the dash.

6. free crx

free crx New Member

warranty?

As far as I know hondas have a lifetime warranty on the seat belts. I had the same thing happen to my 89 Accord. I just took it to the dealer and they swapped out the latch mechanism next to the seat. ...but if this is your only ride or don't want to take it there then yeah, disconnect under the seat....
    good luck

7. 89crxzc

89crxzc I provide inspiration!

they have a lifetime warranty on safety systems in their cars, take it to them and they will have to fix it for free

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted