Seat Belt Warning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

braass

How can I disable the seatbelt warning beep on a 91 honda civic hatchback? I am tired of it still beeping even after I have put on my seatbelt. Thanks

I disconnected the plug under my seat about 5 minutes after I bought the car, and when the overhead indicator kept beeping at me I ripped it off of the ceiling and threw it out my fucking window.

Fuck Honda seatbelt indicators.

The overhead one is easy to take out all you do is take off the mirror. THe overhead also houses the beeper. is a small black cilinder just take teh whole circut board out. (keep it if u want its extremely annoying if you hook it up to a 9 volt and throw it somehwere out of reach). But it is easy to un hook then all you have to do is unhook the bulb from behind the dash.

warranty?

As far as I know hondas have a lifetime warranty on the seat belts. I had the same thing happen to my 89 Accord. I just took it to the dealer and they swapped out the latch mechanism next to the seat. ...but if this is your only ride or don't want to take it there then yeah, disconnect under the seat....
good luck

they have a lifetime warranty on safety systems in their cars, take it to them and they will have to fix it for free

Back