seat recomendations?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flydex28

So the seats in my 92 hatch are finally giving out...seat frame is bent and covers are starting to tear. Anyways...Ive been looking for some new seats and would like to know if you guys can recomend some descent seats...I'm wary of buying the so called "racing seats" on ebay but I dont have truckloads of money to be buying "JDM" seats either. I hope you guys can help me on this as I'm looking to buy seats as soon as I can. Thanks a lot.

Also I think I remember someone writing there was a seat swap guide on here but I cant seem to find it.

Last edited:
recaro, bride, corbeau, sparco and buddy club all make good seats.

Id avoid APC, Lite-Glo, Matrix...maybe a few others, but those 3 stick out.

Last edited:
del sol seats ftw. get some grey striped ones. you can find them for less than $300. comfortable as shit to.

Buy my Corbeau TRS seats. I'll sell them to you for $600 shipped, including the $170 of custom brackets that will let them bolt straight into your car with no cutting/welding or funny stuff. I have the grey ones.

600 ey? that shipped? id almost drive down and pick em up for that price (next pay period...this one only had 3 days since i just started).

Seriously? That's a low price too. $550 if you come and get them. I'll hold onto them for you.

yeah i looked at the buddy clubs but I was thinking about reclining ones though. I may try looking into the del sol seats.

its gonna be a month before i have the cash for it, but it sounds good to me. I gotta do a lil work on the lude still, and i just started a new job, so im lacking in finances. Ill definitely let you know. Dont hold them for me, cause i cant gaurentee ill buy them, but when i have the cash, ill shoot you a PM.

Don't worry about me holding them- I haven't listed them anywhere yet, so there's no rush- yet. ;)

lol thats ok...But seriously where did that seat swap guide go? I must be blind...I thought it was on this site...:mellow:

oh enlightened one...thank you. I swear everytime I searched for it yesterday it would not come up but I just found it!

i know your issue on 92-95 seats, they just suck, but if you can score some tweed ex coupe seats they acctually are built tougher, i'm on my third set, and the other two were from dx's, but the set i recived from the ex, were awesome, i really like a stock look, but the only seats i will consider replacing it is Corbeau TRS seats, but i need the extra wide and the back support, when it comes time it will run me close to $1000, so the nicer EX seats are just great for now, plus they feel a bit stiffer than the DX seats. but hey, if you have the money, buy Calesta's seats, thats a smokin deal!!!

Nope, it just means it might be a tad snug, but not in reality. My old roommate has a 38" waist and still had room to spare in the regular TRS.

hmm...ok thanks. I'm looking at some leather 2000 gsr seats. I heard these were pretty nice. Any of you guys sat in them.

Back