Seat swap guide

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erikespo

Hello all,

I want to compile a seat swap guide (which seat can be cleanly swapped, which seat can swap rails on and those which require drilling and fitment)

Mainly I am intrested in which seats will work for my 88' CRX, but since i didn't see any other place where this infor was centralized, I figure now is good a any to get it posted

Well, I know for sure that the 88 CRX floor pan's bolt pattern looks completely different from the 89-91. Other than that, I can't help you much- but it's a start.

hehe i know apc seats will not bolt into a del sol without ruining your old seats and cutting and welding and cutting and welding, and cutting and welding, and oops not setting hte floor on fire, and cutting and welding, and oh shit anothe fire and then bolting! :p

s2000 seats fit in an ek..with minor modification....but to get the to fully decline and uhh incline (move foward) there is quite a bit of work, i have the write up somewhere...

I tried '00 Si seats in my EG hatch. Would have needed to swap the right seat rail on the drivers seat, everything else lined up okay... however the seat height of the '00 seats was significantly higher than my stock ones so I didn't do the swap.

And Del sol seats in EG hatches and 94-01 tegs give tall people more head and leg room. lol. And no seat rail swapping needed.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Mar 1 2005, 12:09 AM
And Del sol seats in EG hatches and 94-01 tegs give tall people more head and leg room. lol. And no seat rail swapping needed.
[post=467481]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey, I was wondering how you did the del sol seats into the hatch. I have been wanting to do that, but kinda need some direction, got a quick explanation on how to do it?

Originally posted by sol2hatch+Mar 1 2005, 11:22 AM-->
94RedSiGal
@Mar 1 2005, 12:09 AM
And Del sol seats in EG hatches and 94-01 tegs give tall people more head and leg room.  lol.  And no seat rail swapping needed.
[post=467481]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey, I was wondering how you did the del sol seats into the hatch. I have been wanting to do that, but kinda need some direction, got a quick explanation on how to do it?
[post=467663]Quoted post[/post]​

just bolt it up :lol:

It seems like a hot question!

Here's mine: I have a 94 hatch with a bad front seat. I have found a good deal on
a set of leather front seats from a 93 Accord, and a set of cloth
seats from a 2000 Si. Would either of these fit with little or no
modifications?

Thanks,

Harry

Originally posted by harryk@Mar 17 2005, 01:51 PM
It seems like a hot question!

Here's mine: I have a 94 hatch with a bad front seat. I have found a good deal on
a set of leather front seats from a 93 Accord, and a set of cloth
seats from a 2000 Si. Would either of these fit with little or no
modifications?

Thanks,

Harry
[post=474971]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry, custom work is needed, mainly to the rails. good luck, try ebay, even though its crap, but some have made custom seat rails to fit the s200 seats in an eg. good luck

Ok, i have personaly done this swap and currently have the seats in my car.

S2000 Seat pans would not bolt into my 97 integra. So its fair to say They wont fit in any 94-01 integras, and 92-95 civics. I also know that Da integra seats mounted perfect into a 90 Ef and an EG im 99.9% sure on this, so that would mean DA, DC, EG, and 90-91 EF, all have the same seat/bolt pattern.

Now, to fit the S2k seats in my integra i removed the seat pan from my DC seats and used the butt pad and backing from the S2k seats. All you have to do is flip the seat over, remove hog rings from seat pan/ butt pad, then remove padding itself. From here you will roll up the padding on the side ofr the pack pad and there will be two or three bolts on each side that connect the back pad to the reclining device connect to the seat pan. Once you have doen this you should be left with an empty seat pan. Do the same to the S2k seat or witch ever, bolt the S2k back pad to your cars seat pan, slapp the butt pad down and recrimp hog rings. You should now have a perfect fit fully reclining S2k seat.

Now for accord and preluce seats, this may not work, The s2k and integra are really about the same size, preludes and accords are bluky, so the seats are most offten wider, though older prelude seats dont seem to be. This method very well could work for accord seats on to integra or EG etc. etc. But for the most part we can figure that swap will work with DA pans, DC pans, EF pans, and eg pans. Though it also may not, being that all the pans bolt patterns seem to be the same you may need to use integra seat pan for you EF if you want the S2k seats if there was some unforseen problem with the S2k bolting to the EF, EG, and DA pans. But i do know the bolt patterns are the same and the padd swaps on to my DC pans was a direct fir for the most part. I did have to remove some wireing that whent across the pan so the butt padding of the s2k seat would sitt propper. The integra seats road on the S shaped wire like a shock system for your but where ass the S2k padding had all padding and needed to sit farther down in the pan.

I am also 99.9% sure this padding swap can be preformed with the RSX seats.
What i would say to every one is think through what i posted and try different things, we will never know what works till some one takes a chance and trys. And theres plenty of info i think to try other seat swaps/pad swaps. Maybe even just grab a yard stick and measure from metal recline bracket to metal recline bracket, if theres not any big variable between the points on any two model seats, i would have to imagine theres a good chances they will swap over and work out great on your stock seat pans.

For accord into civic/integra or vice versa yuo may NEED to just get the brackets welded or somthing, but for me this was not an option, i would have opted for leather integra seats over the S2k seats if not for this method, theresa few things i dont like choped hacked and rewelded, my seats, my streering wheel, and my seat belt.

PS. i know its long but i hope it helps.

Originally posted by UDT@Mar 19 2005, 10:04 AM
I also know that Da integra seats mounted perfect into a 90 Ef and an EG im 99.9% sure on this, so that would mean DA, DC, EG, and 90-91 EF, all have the same seat/bolt pattern.
[post=475648]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope, 00.01% wins. The guy that bought my old 92 Civic put 90 CRX seats in, and they weren't even close (only two bolts), I had tried before, but it was too much work. You have to use the CRX rails and make new holes, and do some "creative" bending.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 19 2005, 06:26 AM-->
@Mar 19 2005, 10:04 AM
I also know that Da integra seats mounted perfect into a 90 Ef and an EG im 99.9% sure on this, so that would mean DA, DC, EG, and 90-91 EF, all have the same seat/bolt pattern.
[post=475648]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope, 00.01% wins. The guy that bought my old 92 Civic put 90 CRX seats in, and they weren't even close (only two bolts), I had tried before, but it was too much work. You have to use the CRX rails and make new holes, and do some "creative" bending.
[post=475680]Quoted post[/post]​

Now that you say that it does ring a bell, I recall there being 2 holes off i think on the EF. The das are different i foudn out today.

what about 92 prelude seats in a crx the dimensions of the seat are correct but I am unsure of the rails and holes

bringing it back up as its a decent refrence thread...

in my 91 hatch i installed 99 prelude seats but could only use 2 bolts, and the seats sat crooked so this is not a good swap...

and can we get a confirm on the 90-93 teg seats bolting into a 90-91 hatch?

what about back seats...which will work in an EG??

a friend (coreyr) just finished delsol seats in his 91 ef hatch. one bolt lined up on each but alittle cutting, welding, bending ,cuting and welding they were in. look good too.

Back