Seatbelt problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdg

Forgive me if this is a dumbass question.

I've got a stock 00 Si and the rear left seatbelt is stuck. Just noticed it. I'm not sure what it is... it is pulled tight to the seat and simply won't budge. I opened the trunk to check out the parts for it back there. The roller thing that coils the belt must be stuck somehow but I can't really tell what the problem is.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?

And I heard on here that seatbelts are covered by a lifetime Honda warranty. You think they'd charge me for anything if I brought it in? I really don't wanna pay to get it fixed if it's a simple thing I could do myself, plus I don't exactly use that rear seat a whole lot.

I've also heard that Honda has a lifetime warranty on their sealtbelts. If you have any doubts at all, call up the service department ahead of time. Otherwise, most junkyards will let people scrounge the seatbelt parts for free, at least the one near my house does.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Aug 10 2004, 11:56 AM
:werd:

Honda will hook you up for free..
[post=374753]Quoted post[/post]​

yep, its a major liablity thing. Things like seatbelts are free.

yup
my passenger belt was sticking (locking like when the brakes are on)
they fixed it at no charge :)

I take it they charge for parts on seat belt work, but they do not charge for labor. Or do they actually cover parts?

I wonder. I keep meaning to take it in but always forget etc.
I'd do it, but I don't know how long it will take. I kinda need my car, but I'll eventually make it there to check it out. Hmmm.....

they replaced the whole passenger seat belt and retractor
i payed NOTHING

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 13 2004, 03:40 PM
they replaced the whole passenger seat belt and retractor
i payed NOTHING
[post=376472]Quoted post[/post]​

Parts and labor through an authorized dealership should be FREE. It never hurts to ask first, there might be some unscrupulous or ignorant service departments out there...

Otherwise, TurboMirage's experience with Mitsubishis is that their seatbelts were only covered for the first 100K miles or something like that, so we got some replacement parts from a junkyard for free instead. Not all automobile manufacturers are as cool as Honda. According to the NTSB, car companies can set their own safety restraint system warranties.

Back