secondaries full on?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

one of my boys was tellin me about tightening the cable to the secondaries so its always open. will this give more power? also do other aftermarket IM have systems like this?

that'll destroy your low and midrange torque... don't do it. Your boy does not work for Honda. Why does he think he's a better engineer than they are?

Originally posted by revolution8k@Sep 25 2004, 06:15 AM
that'll destroy your low and midrange torque... don't do it. Your boy does not work for Honda. Why does he think he's a better engineer than they are?
[post=394519]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, dude, you don't know shit, opening IABs, and setting vtec to 2000rpms gives you MAD HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opening IABs, and setting vtec to 2000rpms gives you MAD HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which would be easier, a vafc to drop it to 2000 or get it chipped?
and if it makes that big of a difference, why is this the first ive ever heard bout it?

you probably wont even have enough oil press. at 2000 rpm to activate vtec. Also...if it does, your car aint gonna go nowhere until you hit about 4500 rpm anyway.

there's a reason why honda equipped it with the iab. opening it causing major loss of power from low to mid range. I loss midrange power and my motor really lagged out on me like i got some cheap ass cams in and a 60 lb flywheel. don't do it. get a skunk2 if you really want to eliminate the iabs. plus, it hogs fuel like a hog too.

Originally posted by PhyRe@Sep 25 2004, 07:15 PM
opening IABs, and setting vtec to 2000rpms gives you MAD HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which would be easier, a vafc to drop it to 2000 or get it chipped?
and if it makes that big of a difference, why is this the first ive ever heard bout it?
[post=394608]Quoted post[/post]​

Um, I was making a funny.

Leave that stuff alone, Honda had a good idea of what they were doing when they set them that way.

Back