SEEN THE NEW VW SEDAN LATELY?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The V12 is a sixfigure car. It is 80k for the base one. V12 bumps up the price alot.

I don't like it in general, but i DO like the back end. VW makes some weird shit.

But have you seen or heard about the golf R32? :wub:

I want one sooo bad. I hate the name, the wheels (18inches with way too many spokes, just my opinion), and the dual exhaust, though. And why would you name a VW an R32?? I think that's retarded.

Aren't VW and Audi related? The Golf R32's suspension comes from the TT.

b_01.jpeg

/threadjack (sorry tony):ph34r: :D

The phaeton is really a nic car. I drove a W12 phaeton when I was working at a VW dealership and I was really impressed. That car is so comfortable. And that W12 makes it very quick too. Ours was listed as $88,000 which might be a bit much, but it was nicer than any Mercedes I've ever driven (also worked at a Mercedes delaership)

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 7 2004, 09:50 AM
The V12 is a sixfigure car. It is 80k for the base one. V12 bumps up the price alot.

I just don't see the point in spending in the $80K range for any car... as for M5's and M8's... I've been tempted by a few used ones. There's a '88 M5 for sale in upstate NY for $10,500... that would be fun to drive. In general, sedans just don't do anything for me, my GS-R purchase was an aberration. I guess I see sedans as dad-mobiles. *shrug*

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 7 2004, 06:53 AM
Tony, you spout opinion and treat it like fact. Go stick your head in the sand some more. Yes, I'd grab the wheel and go check out a BMW and Merc, but you can bet your ass I'd give the VW (and Audis) a fair chance too. That new VW is beyond pimp. It's svelt. Very svelt.

This thread sucks.

damn hippies.

Meh, it isn't hideous like some things VW puts out but it certainly isn't a looker. And as usual they are reselling Audi technology as their own but I guess that comes from being in bed with them. The W12 is cool but I don't want to be fueling that thing. Basically I guess is that it is not practical in any sense. I'll stick to my $35K subie that has everything I want and be happy.

If I had $80K there are many other things I would do before buying that car.

Originally posted by complicity@May 7 2004, 10:25 AM

I heard these suck for what it is. Not that fast, not as good in taking turns...

It does better than most normal cars but the new line of sport cars it falls short.
Read just about every GOOD car mag (C&D, R&T...) they said it lacks something the other sport cars have and the pricetag, near 37k is crazy

I'd sport it if i really wanted a sedan. I would never drive a fucking Benz i hate those, though i would probably get an M5 before the VW. the Phaeton had a lot of extras though, heated/cooled/massaging seats, i like that shit.

Oh and someone mentioned the R32, i actually saw a golf the other day that was a real R32 or a clone not really sure, but it was LHD, but it was EXACTLY the same as the R32, emblems, body kit, everything. Are those here in the US yet?

Originally posted by senate_9427@May 7 2004, 05:23 PM
Oh and someone mentioned the R32, i actually saw a golf the other day that was a real R32 or a clone not really sure, but it was LHD, but it was EXACTLY the same as the R32, emblems, body kit, everything. Are those here in the US yet?

Yes. JustinVW in the NE forum has one. I know another owner over in Austin, TX whose last car was a Miata...

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 7 2004, 08:43 AM
In general, sedans just don't do anything for me, my GS-R purchase was an aberration. I guess I see sedans as dad-mobiles. *shrug*

:huh: :eek:

These are dad-cars??

lancerevolution_main.jpg

488463.jpg

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 7 2004, 04:29 PM-->
senate_9427
@May 7 2004, 05:23 PM

Yes. JustinVW in the NE forum has one. I know another owner over in Austin, TX whose last car was a Miata...

Damn how much do they go for? Are they a special order thing, cause i haven't seen any advertising for them

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 7 2004, 05:54 PM-->
94RedSiGal
@May 7 2004, 08:43 AM
In general, sedans just don't do anything for me, my GS-R purchase was an aberration.  I guess I see sedans as dad-mobiles.  *shrug*

:huh: :eek:

These are dad-cars??

I said "in general"..... I prefer hatchbacks and liftbacks, followed by coupes. What do I need a 4-door car for anyways? I don't even like having ONE human passenger with me in my travels... sedans=family cars. *shrug*

Originally posted by senate_9427+May 7 2004, 06:09 PM-->
Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 7 2004, 04:29 PM
senate_9427
@May 7 2004, 05:23 PM

Damn how much do they go for? Are they a special order thing, cause i haven't seen any advertising for them

I think that I've heard the number $37K tossed around and maybe 5 or 6 allotted to each dealership. I would never buy one or any new car... so I haven't done any firsthand research on them. I am just going by what I've read posted on the car forums.

Originally posted by SolPWR+May 7 2004, 12:12 PM-->
complicity
@May 7 2004, 10:25 AM

I heard these suck for what it is. Not that fast, not as good in taking turns...

It does better than most normal cars but the new line of sport cars it falls short.
Read just about every GOOD car mag (C&D, R&T...) they said it lacks something the other sport cars have and the pricetag, near 37k is crazy

umm.... car and driver actually called it an "instant autocrosser." Its not meant to directly compete with all out sports cars because no golfs are. Its a different type of car when compared to evo's, sti's, and other cars like that. It is MUCH more luxurious and IMO a much better daily driver. Its like a golf w/ more power and 4motion and it weighs a grip. Base price starts at around 30, dealers just choose to mark up that price.

As far as the phaeton, its not a bad car, its not a great car, its just there. The only problem is the exterior because the rest of the car is put together extremely well. I'm sure once people test drive some are going to be able to get by the looks. It could easly compete with the S-class or the 7-series but Americans are going to have a hard time buying a 80k VW. I like it. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 7 2004, 03:35 PM
I said "in general"..... I prefer hatchbacks and liftbacks, followed by coupes. What do I need a 4-door car for anyways? I don't even like having ONE human passenger with me in my travels... sedans=family cars. *shrug*

I'll take a turbo AWD sedan over an n/a FWD coupe/hatch any day of the week.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 10 2004, 12:16 AM-->
94RedSiGal
@May 7 2004, 03:35 PM

Well bully for you... lol. We just have different tastes in cars. :eek:

;)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 10 2004, 10:18 AM-->
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 10 2004, 12:16 AM
94RedSiGal
@May 7 2004, 03:35 PM
I said "in general".....  I prefer hatchbacks and liftbacks, followed by coupes.  What do I need a 4-door car for anyways?  I don't even like having ONE human passenger with me in my travels...  sedans=family cars.  *shrug*

Well bully for you... lol. We just have different tastes in cars. :eek:

;)

But aren't you the one that's afraid to drive my AWD turbocharged car because it might taint your misguided unconditional love for Honda hatches? ;)

Back