seized motor... help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imacheckya

i have a 98 civic ex auto. i bought with a seized engine with the plan to take what i needed from it for my car then part out the rest. but now i don't have the time or the ambition to deal with selling it piece by piece, i would much rather get it running and make it a sweet ride to sell whole. where i need help is i would like to fix it as cheap as posible and was looking to go the used motor from a junk yard. is there an easier/cheaper way?

no d series motor is one of the cheapest out there. i think u can get a whole swap for 600-750. how many miles on it. if it has alot u might as well do a whole swap otherwise just buy the long block and swap it.

the car has about 167000 on it. im just looking to get it running to sell. how intense is just the long block?

Take the spark plugs out, and poor a little oil into each cylinder. Let it sit for a few hours or so, and then give it a try.. try starting it.

-Jason

u can prolly get it from a guy in these forums who is swappin his out for around 200, mayby a bit more. but if u go to an online store or something like that they might rip you off. i seen them on hmotorsports online for 650 for the whole thing. havnt ever seen a long block for sale tho. if i had the cash to swap out my d16 for a b18c id sell u mine for 150. but i don't so sorry. just look around the marketplace in these forums im sure someone has one.

jason is right. if u dont give two shits about the motor inthere put a little dab of oil. mabe a tsp or so in each let it sit over night and try startin it. but if it doesn't work it will mess the motor up more

Pour marvel mystery oil in the spark plugs. I know several people who have saved many seized engines with that.

jason is right. if u dont give two shits about the motor inthere put a little dab of oil. mabe a tsp or so in each let it sit over night and try startin it. but if it doesn't work it will mess the motor up more

It shouldn't mess it up more, it will burn the oil and your motor will smoke heavily until it burns it all up. After its all burned up, and IF the motor is saved, change out the plugs asap.

-Jason

Back