SELLING MY CIVIC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
Umm ya. Sick of my car. I don't plan on getting back into performance cars untill after I graduate law school (of which I still need to get back....but that's another story)

The civic is too small for me (I'm 6'2 210#) it is not much better on gas mileage (96 ex stick) than my old 91 v6 maxima, and its been about a year since I bought it...

Here's the deal. I would like to know how much you guys think I would get if I were to sell it to a private party in California. The engine has been replaced, since I blew the original engine. Got it from K. Watanabe, and there is some sort of warranty on it.

Would the new engine lessen the value of the car? Also it has around 116,000 miles on it. 1996 honda civic ex, stick shift.

There is a few small scrapes on the back bumper, and a small ding in the back driver's side wheel panel. I plan on buffing whatever I can out, and maybe shelling out the 250.00 to get the quarter panel fixed.

How much am i looking at do you think?

Reason I'm asking this is because I want to know how much more money I would need to save up to buy a suv.

road rage just isnt what it's cracked up to be unless you are behind the wheel of a 3000 pound suv :lol:

actually, you mid-western folk MIGHT be getting me as your new neighbor...

Me and my chick had a LONG talk last night about how much we fucking HATE california.

I suggested either Montana, Conneticut, Illinois or Utah.

She suggested Oregon....

We are both serious about this. Only thing that is keeping her here is her mortgage on her condo. Me? I could pack up and goto any state with a law school in it. fuckit. dont need USC to do great things in life anyways....

So....anyone?

Im hoping I can get 5,500 for it.

is that asking too much with a new engine in it?

Originally posted by Prowler@Jan 28 2004, 12:23 AM
just a new engine and that's it?

?

no, like the car is "normal"

I just blew the stock engine when I had the turbo on there.

I went to K. Watanabe and paid for a new d16 blah blah blah to be put in there.

I'm wondering if people would avoid buying my car due to the fact it has a replaced motor in there...?

don't even mention it in the ad. they won't know the difference, and unless they ask, its their own fault for not looking.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 28 2004, 12:28 AM
don't even mention it in the ad. they won't know the difference, and unless they ask, its their own fault for not looking.

whoa....don't I have to disclose that information?

but then again....how would they know? the car runs like it is brand new with this engine in it.....felt "less powerful" when I first bought it used a year ago with the original engine in it.

so it woulndt be like im defrauding anyone...?

you can list whatever the fuck you want in the ad.

there's no legal terms to it.

it won't come up on car fax.

theres no possible way to list everything a car has.. a ding there, a scratch there.... and you aren't defrauding them by not telling them about it. its still a y8 that came in the car.

Up here in washington area that would easily go for 6-7k even if the kbb says around 5XXX.

Back