Selling Springs, What To Get?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prowler

Super Moderator
Well, the POS Matrix springs have settled much more than 3", so I'm selling them after they come off this weekend or next. Bottoming out on everything isn't worth it. I am going to run on my old springs and stock wheels for the winter here in MT. Battling snowbanks and icy roads is not a good thing. My friend was slammed off the road yesterday in his Explorer because a lady hit him from behind cuz her brakes locked on the ice. The Explorer went off the road, hit a ditch bank, and flipped it. The Explorer is totaled, and he only had it for less than a week. He was fine because he wore a seatbelt. They do save lives, take the 5 seconds to put one on.
Back on topic, I'm saving this winter for new springs. I am selling the old Matrix springs for $80, so I am already starting. I'm seriously considering Ground Control because of the Eibach springs, and I would be able to slam it for the summer and raise it during the winter. What other brands that are coil-overs should I look at? Price doesn't really matter, but I just replaced my struts with KYB GR-2's, so I don't want a whole suspension package like Tein makes.
Also, since my stock tires are a little bigger in circumference than the ones on my good rims, doesn't my camber need to be readjusted? It's riding about 1/4-3/8" higher.

i told you a long time ago not to buy em and you said there good.... i told ya hahaha :p

move to socal, put a body kit on it and it'll look like just another showcar out here :)

seriously though, you cant go wrong with eibachs. they are the leaders in springs IMO.

hehe this is my 500th post!

I got Ground Controls and love them! The eibach's are the shit! Also Skunk2 makes a real descent coilover. Yeah if I was you I would deffinately get coilovers to be able to adjust ride highth for winter-vs-summer.

Ground Controls are great- just get a set of those and you'll be happy.

Tire diameter has nothing to do with camber- but since you'll be changing your ride height several times a year, I suggest you get an adjustable camber kit for the front and the rear. That way you can get it aligned easily every time you change your drop level.

this thread is old as what.
found it on a google search while looking up matrix
so dont bash for posting on it. just thought it was funny.

:wtf2: New record. Still stays :locked:

5 years 7 months 6 days. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back