Senior Paper

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got a D on my senior paper. The fuckwad accused me of plagurism due to my not being able to find 3 library book sources. I was allowed 3 books, 1 link from the net, and then anything else.

I could only find one book so most of my information came from the one link I found on the net, essentially 2-3 pages of it were from that one link and he didn't believe me. (I was supposed to cite sources on different topics, when they were all the same I wasn't going to cite the same site over and over again).

I seriously went to 3 libraries and found one fuckin' book about the Challenger space shuttle explosion.

If you grow up exposed to musical greats, you'll be successful. Or at least, no one HAS EVER picked up a child prostitute listening to Vivaldi.

If you grow up exposed to rap you'll be a fucking twit.

If you grow up listening to pop music, youll be just like everyone else.

And if you grow up listening to boricua you live in Miami and wear one of those weird nets on your slicked back hair.

Sorry that these are stereotypes. Stereotypes exist for a reason.
those stereotypes are soo fucking dumb...people always look at me like im a twit...
i was at the bowling alley a couple nights ago,,everyone was staring at me like i was gonna pul out a fuckin gun...but back onto music...
music affects my emotions..it doesnt make me wanna do a driveby..but it does kinda reflect on where ive lived..i dunno its hard to explain

for those fucktards that think marylin manson is the sickest band out there obviously havent done their research. Their just jmping on the bandwagon.

Obviously they have never been to a GWAR concert. Halfway into it,even though i was headbangin to their music i stopped and was like WTF? The shit they entertain you with OH MY GOD!

have you guys checked out Jitler? Holy shit that made me feel uncomfortable.

I might not agree with their lifestyle but i do respect them as artists. If i dont want to listen to a cetain song i change it. Period endo of story.

If you grow up exposed to musical greats, you'll be successful. Or at least, no one HAS EVER picked up a child prostitute listening to Vivaldi.

If you grow up exposed to rap you'll be a fucking twit.

If you grow up listening to pop music, youll be just like everyone else.

And if you grow up listening to boricua you live in Miami and wear one of those weird nets on your slicked back hair.

Sorry that these are stereotypes. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

oye shico! juno lak ma pelo?:D

for those fucktards that think marylin manson is the sickest band out there obviously havent done their research. Their just jmping on the bandwagon.

Obviously they have never been to a GWAR concert. Halfway into it,even though i was headbangin to their music i stopped and was like WTF? The shit they entertain you with OH MY GOD!

have you guys checked out Jitler? Holy shit that made me feel uncomfortable.

I might not agree with their lifestyle but i do respect them as artists. If i dont want to listen to a cetain song i change it. Period endo of story.

Caninus

Point fucking MATCH. Two pitbulls on vocals.

hmmm ... my bad.

I dont think when i type sometimes. Thanks :) ...

when i finally finish it ill post it if anyone wants to read it. I have 3 pages done so far.

do -eeeeeet.

most of us have pretty sound grammar skills...so you should get plenty of peer review.

as i said, i live in mesquite, so if ya need any help i usually chill at the town east starbucks.

haha in the mall or across the street form it lol.

town east is gettin kinda ghetto since Firewheel cam around.

town east has been ghetto since we were little kids...firewheel just makes it more obvious.

and im across the street. if ya see a gray s2000 with a sliced rear window...ya know im there....usually the geek with the laptop.

I just had a break through in my head haha.

What is your Personality but a subtotal of the type of mood your in usually?

We say someone that is usually in a sad mood, has a depressed personality.

Or someone with a bubbly personality is usually in a good mood.

... Music does not create your personality, But i now think music can change it.

In one of the reserch articles I am using it says music can have a lasting affect on you, even after you stop listening.

I dunno, i was sitting here thinking about my paper and where i am going with it and i just had a light bulb go off in my head.

If you listen to depressing music, it can cause you to get depressed, and continue to be depressed after it ends, and if you listen to depressing music 24/7 you would be depressed alot. Resulting in having a depressing personality.

(replace the word depressing with happy, angery, etc. and get the same results)

Not that it happens over night, but over a period of time. And im not saying all music has this affect. I dunno, anyone have any thoughts on this???

Am i just smart or flat out stupid. Tell me what you think.

I hope you're going to site more than just blogs and new papers. None of those are credible sources about psychology. Look something up in some medical journals, you'll be surprised. You'll find that there isn't really any effect on personality based on music. Your personality chooses the music, not the other way around.

I finished the paper if anyone is interested.

It isnt my best work, i really was just trying to get 10 pages. But still all feedback is welcome :)

Attachments

• Senior Essay.doc
    50 KB · Views: 270
It's good. I hope your english teacher will do the actual corrections. Because if this paper were submitted to a college english class, your professor would put your severed head on a pike.

Almost every sentence in it has some grammatical error, and lots of places on the first two pages I had to read twice.

But it's good.

Is this paper supposed to have a definitive persuasive argument? I'm just reading the first and last paragraphs and skimming the middle and it seems like you're leaving it pretty open-ended (as in, "I'm going to present a bunch of research and facts on both sides but not really have a definitive opinion for the question at hand").

Admittedly though I have not read the whole thing yet, so forgive me if I'm judging prematurely.

Oh, and
werd.gif
on what Celerity said about spelling and grammar. For sure you need to watch your apostrophes; if you're not abbreviating or indicating a possession of the following word, then no apostrophe needed.

Example:
"Were my parent’s correct in there concern’s about a certain type of music’s impact on my development?"

The apostrophes on "parent's" and "music's" are correct. The one on "concern's" is not necessary.

Also watch for correct word usage; in the above example "there" should actually be "their".

I guess I don't know how anal your teachers are about such things though, but like Cel said, most college profs would tear you up for stuff like that...

Last edited:
Back