Sensor help on first gen B16A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16CRX

Ok, I was looking in my engine bay earlier (the B16 was put in my car before I got it) and there are a lot of wires that are showing/looking ghetto as hell. So, I started tracing some of them. One in particular that I cant trace just ends and it dangling:eek: Another is a single wire going to some sensor just below the Intake manifold. It has a green plug. Two more sensors just below that, right next to the oil pressure sensor (what are these?). And what is the sensor below the distributor? and both plugs below the vtec solenoid are...????

TIA!!

I am guessing the one green plug by the dizzy is the vtec pressure switch

and the one behind the manifold is the IAC

the ones under the manifold go directly to the block from the harness. not the IACV. Any other ideas?

The one on the back of the engine under the manifold is most likely the knock sensor wire. It really all depends on who didd the wiring harness and where the harness came from.

the greeen plug under ur intakemanifold is probaly the knock sensor

the 2 near the distributor are vtec oil and solenoid

and there might be one more getto looking wire going to ur exahust manifold that would be the 2nd o2 sensor

Back