sensor question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the_crazy_russian

well I finally have my new built motor installed and I'm down to hooking up my last sensor. now comes the problem, old motor was a 99 y7 and the new motor is an a6. there are two sensor on the back of the block one with a single prong plug (oil sensor?) and another sensor right next to the single prong sensor. this sensor has two prongs (I beleive it controls the fan), this is the one I need to rewire. my y7 had a different connector which will not connect to this sensor.the y7 connector has three wires comming out of it, I'm assuming one wire can be discarded but I'm not sure which one.and for the life of me I can not find my manual with the wiring diagram.does any one know which two wires I need to use?
Thanks for your time,
B

ok did some searching on here and I'm even more confussed........
in one post it said it is for contolling the fan, another post said if there is a sensor in your thermo housing,(which there is) that there should be a plug in the spot on the back of the block. I no longer have my y7 block to compaire as it was literally blown to peices(too much boost) the reason the new motor is going in. I'm lost..... hehehehehe

the sensor with one wire is oil pressure - the one with 2 wires is the cooling fan switch - the Y7 has this switch on the thermostat housing - should be 2 wire connector, but not same as A6 - you said 3 wire connector - what color are wires?

ok cool the sensor is in the thermo housing so that takes care of that, now I just need to figure out where this three wire connecto is suppossed to go....... it's a grey plug with the following wire colors,

dark blu with red stripe
brown with blck stripe
white with red stripe

thanks for your help,
B

Quoted post[/post]]
what year and model harness?

99 civic cx . here's a pic of the plug
B

Picture_004.jpg

my diagram indicates the connector is for the Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation Sensor (CKF), which on the Y7 is located on the timing belt end of the block, right next to the crank pulley

Back