Sensor's and Wiring Simple Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lee7pcNOOb

Ok so im swapping a d16y8 for a b16a2, if i damaged on of the wires on my d16y8 harness, which im going to reuse, can i cut it off the b16a2 harness and match the wires on my harness if they are the same?

basically im asking if the wire colors match up on the 2 sensors can i just cut the wires and connect it to matching wires on my ex harness?

Its possible they match up but not a sure bet. If you just damaged the wire then y replace it? you can repair the wire and it should work just as good as new. Get some Raychem Butt connectors and you can fix almost anything. all you need is a pair of wire cutters, strippers and a heat gun. much easier than fitting a new wire in. How extensive is the wire damage? is it localized damage or a large part could you take pictures?

well my heat sensor in the b16a is stuck but the wire from my d16y8 harness is fine i want to just cut off the sensor on the d16y8 harness and crimp it onto the sensor inside of the block.

Back