Sensors - Finishing up swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

offroader

Hi...I am just trying to finish up my first swap and was having fun with the wiring harness in my 90 Civic SI. I am just putting a B18A into it...shoudl be simple...but I just want to make sure I have it all right.

I am trying to identify a sensor and other electrical piece on my 90 Civic to make sure U am puttinbg the witing in the correct spot. Can anybody help?

Sensor - ON back of engine below oil filter....next to Oil pressor sensor. It has 2 wires on it and a big black boot that goes over it. I'm assuming oil level as apposed to oil pressor? Can anyone confirm...the FSM does not mention it. This is not on the target engine.

Other electrical bit - Looks like some sort of silinoid on the back of the intake manifold for the SI. It is on the drivers side of the manifold...has a two wire plug going to it. THis is not on the manifold of my new engine anywhere.

Thanks for any help you can lend gang.
Mark

Just did some searching around here...and came up with a possible answer for the sensor....

The 89-91 SI had a 2 pronged sensor on the back of the block near the oil pressor sensor that may have been for fan control. The 93 Ingegra engine I am putting in is OBD-1 so the fan control modual is on the main coolant outlet.

Am I right? If so I assume I make use of my existing wiring and just lengthen it.

Call my good ole buddy's at HASport. That's a mess to wire because your car is OBD-0 and that motor is OBD-1 HUGE MESS

I've seen complete wire harness change over for this and you need different linkage set ups and everything. A B18B of an earlier year would be a better and easier choice
I believe hasport's web is www.hasport.com
Email me for phone number if that doesn't work. they are very helpful

Rob
Primetimeimports

Got ya on that one...more info.....

I have a conversion kit to convert the wiring harness from OBD0 to ODB1...so I am using the 93 Integra B18A1 ECU.....the kit calls for me to take the 90 SI wiring harness off the engine and graft it onto the b18 however... which brings me up to my question.

Cheers
Mark

Back