Sepentine Belt? ABS Light? Battery Light?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pimpshit420

I have a 95 Integra LS. When I bought it it had a knocking coming from the engine bay. Well now the knocking has gone away but the battery light, abs light both come on and the power steering is gone. Not only that when I open the hood the Serpentine belt isn't moving at all. I assume all the problems stem from the serpetine belt but I dont know where to start or even which pulley moves the belt? Any information and help would be really appreciated!

Wow.. Is the belt still tight on all of the pulleys and in place where it is supposed to be?

The crank pulley spins the rest of it, its the big pulley at the very bottom of the motor.. If it isn't spinning, you could have sheared the key inside of it, or it was assembled without it. Either way, this is a major problem and needs to be repaired immediately, before it spins off.

You shouldn't have a serpentine system though, should be a few individual belts. One for power steering, one for the alternator, one for the AC compressor if so equipped. Check all of the belts to make sure they are tight and in place, make sure all the pulleys have a belt on them.

you are right it's not a serpentine belt, I just looked. There are several belts going to different things as you mentioned. Is there a way to check my crank pulley? Or is just one of those things that either spins or doesn't?

Back