1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

serious engine problems

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by gunz2165, Nov 4, 2006.

1. gunz2165

gunz2165 Member

yo i have a 93 prelude h22a1, its running like straight shit. i have no power when i step on the gas for like 5-10 seconds then itll go, but still with a hell of alot of hesitation. and all u smell is raw fuel, i went about 40 miles and used a half a tank. its throwing a code put i dont kno how to check the codes. i dont know where the plug is that i have to jump. but i already changed the fuel pressure regulator, the air boost valve, but the check engine light is still on. before i changed those 2 things the car wouldnt even stay running. as soon as i tapped the gas it would die right out. can someone please help. i thought it might be the O2 sensor for the raw fuel, and a clogged cat for the hesitation and loss of power. but i dont wanna go spend nemore money if i dont have to. so please help me.:(:(

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

it may be a map sensor but you need to check the codes there is a wire with i think i blue plug with two wires on the passenger side jump a wire in between the wires and count the check engine light long light is 10s and fast lights are 1s

3. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

you injectors could be sticking open, dist not gettin a good signal, coil not functioning

4. gunz2165

gunz2165 Member

hell everyone i asked told me that i had to take out the center console and find the plug either behind the radio or somewhere by the e-brake. can u tell me where on the passenger side the plug is?

5. chestercheeto48

chestercheeto48 Senior Member VIP

Just a suggestion. I am not sure how old you are or where you are located but I would call up any of the local high schools with and auto shop and see if they have a diagnostics tool. I know that the shop at the school I teach at has three of them, i actually used it last night. It might save you some headache. Just my .02 and I bet they would love the learning experience.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted