Serious idle problems?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic booster

A little help here please.
OK so i totaled mt tranny and got another one right so i got it put in and since i got it back the idle is going crazy on a cold start it jumps to like 3000 rpm and wen it has reached operating temp it keeps bobbing from 1000 rpm to like 2500rpm (up and down constantly) and wen i am in D it stays at 1100rpm, normaly in D it idles at around 850 rpm. i was thinkin it is a wiring problem any comments on this and help would be appriciated..
oh and its a d series motor in a ek.

Last edited:
no vacume leak and im not sure if my engine has a fast idle thermo valve..i kno the bseries motor uses it on auto trannys..
i took a look to see if i cud figure it out i pulled out the connection to the map sensor and it stopped jumping so im gonna get a new one and see if that wud set things straight? i also took out the sensor and cleaned the hole and wen i put it bak in the idle is not jumpin as high....so im guessing its the map sensor malfuncioning but if it malfunctions wouldnt the engine check light come on?? thanks for ur comments guys....

Last edited:
Back