Serious Noises.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
i have a 95 civic dx with about 100k on it. when i go around a corner a loud "chunking noise" comes from the right side of the car, but it only makes the noise when i am on throttle. Off throttle it just coasts smoothly. Also, when it makes the noise i get some feedback through the steering wheel.

I think its the cv joint is cause i think i ripped a hole in it this winter. Ice chunks.

it is definately a clunking. if it is my cv joint how long until its gone?

"Clunking'' isn't symptomatic of CV joints,''clicking'' is.As far as them lasting could be a day,could be a year.''Clunking'' I would think hub bearings,before CV's.

my brother has the same problem with his civic. we found out that the noise was coming from the springs, the rubber boot was missing and it was rubbing on the frame. Do you have your car dropped with coilovers? if you do, check it.

Found out my cv boot is cracked. I'll just replace the who axel since it isnt that much money.And that way Iwon't have to worry if the bearings got back with moisture.

i do have my car dropped with coilovers, but its freaking smowy out side and don't want to check till everything thaws.

did his only make noise when he was on the throttle going around a corner?

thanks for all the replys!

The thing is with the CV joints it doesn't matter if your on the throttle or not,you'll still hear it in the turns.

Back