serious smoke from exhaust after turbo install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ah I see, I thought he meant never use synthetic oil. Would it be a good idea to do it again after re-installing a turbo kit and since the car has been sitting for 6-7 months or would that really serve no point?

as long as it hasn't been cleaned, i don't see the point.

the whole point of running dino oil at first is because it sticks better. yes, oil isn't supposed to stick- but thats the point. it makes like a coating sorta thing going on.

Alright, iknow its been a while since I've replied but this is where we stand.

leakdown and compression tests where done to see if the rings could be the issue of the smoke. compression is spot on. We discovered that the valve guides are worn too much. as i started going back through the car, I noticed a nice coating of oil on top of all of the pistons. we are getting blow buy through the valve guides and it is coming out the exhaust ( also with a mixture of gas due to running rich). The head came off 2 days ago and guides were ordered. The turbo and everything look great since i just pulled it all apart. as soon as this is fixed...its dyno time. I'll let you know what happens. other updates to the setup are.
1. aluminum radiator
2. oil cooler
3. hondata...(if I can get him to spend the coin)

thanks guys for all your help along the way.

matt

Originally posted by radnulb@Aug 25 2004, 03:55 PM
if he won't spend the coin, Uberdata is much better than a FMU.
[post=381690]Quoted post[/post]​

thats where I'm at with him I think also. I'm looking into buying a prom burner and just going that route. I fortunately understand the idea of good fuel managment and went with Hondata.

matt

if you already ahve the main unit and are getting a burner, all he needs is the base unit and boost. then you can tune him with you stuff, put the chip in, and his box.

please till me you ran cheap oil to break it in?
and how many miles has it gone cause assembly lube will brun for about 100 miles sometimes

Back