1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting Tming,w/ Head Replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by EstiLoFeRiO, Apr 22, 2003.

1. EstiLoFeRiO

EstiLoFeRiO Junior Member

K guys, i really need help, I just replaced my headgasket, and i havent put in the valvetrain or anything yet. How do I set the timing again to put the timing belt on right? Did the pistons need to be in any position? Because i just bolted the head back onto the block without even noticing. What about the camshafts when i put them back in? Anyhelp will be appreciated or any sites explaining this..

2. EstiLoFeRiO

EstiLoFeRiO Junior Member

Any1?? All help will be appreciated... I know we have some hardcore enginebuilders in here.. :)

3. tomtom

tomtom Senior Member

u need to line the crankshaft up with the camshaft

make sure cylinder 1 is at tdc
    then line the cam gears

email me 4 more info

4. CriztheWiz

CriztheWiz Banned

what motor is it? You know if you do it wrong you can really fuck up your motor.

5. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

yes, set the bottom end to TDC, you should see the white mark on the crank pulley lined up with the pointer on the block. (not the white ones near the red one)
    next, set your cam gear arrows UP, then slip on the timing belt, make sure the slack is on the side towards the rear of the car, and tight towards the front of the car. then loosen and re-tighten the tension pulley. i've only done this on my B16, but i assume its the same for the other honda motors.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted