Several Tranny Related Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok so first of all how many quarts of fluid goes into a D series manual tranny? (D16y7)

When i accellerate hard or rev hard at all, is it normal for the shifter to move back like an inch under torque? Or is that a sign of bad motor mounts / shifter bushings?
I'm planning on getting energy suspension urethane shift bushings and a skunk2 short throw shifter, will this help alleviate said problem, or should i look into getting some urethane motor mounts as well?

Also i notice that sometimes coming from 2nd ger trying to go into 1st gear, the tranny doesnt want to pop in. I have to sit there and play with it for a minute. When I'm at a dead stop, going from 2nd to 1st is usually easy, but when im coasting into a stop or moving at all i notice putting it into first is difficult sometimes. I also notice it seems like shifting in general is a tab bit on the clunky side. Could this be a sign of bad synchros or something? Will flushing the tranny fluid and getting some good redline stuff or something help that? Or do i need a tranny swap.

What would be a good tranny swap for my motor?

Any suggestions for a good very streetable clutch for my car? I want it to grab and not slip... but i dont need a super race cluth cuz i only have a DX lightly modded.

Sorry about all the questions, and thanks for your help folks... :D

:wtf: :unsure: :blink:
Can no one of you Honda gods help me? *sad face*

bump... again.....

Ok so first of all how many quarts of fluid goes into a D series manual tranny? (D16y7)

about 2.5

When i accellerate hard or rev hard at all, is it normal for the shifter to move back like an inch under torque? Or is that a sign of bad motor mounts / shifter bushings?
I'm planning on getting energy suspension urethane shift bushings and a skunk2 short throw shifter, will this help alleviate said problem, or should i look into getting some urethane motor mounts as well?

sounds like your rear mount might be bad .... not 100% sure

Also i notice that sometimes coming from 2nd ger trying to go into 1st gear, the tranny doesnt want to pop in. I have to sit there and play with it for a minute. When I'm at a dead stop, going from 2nd to 1st is usually easy, but when im coasting into a stop or moving at all i notice putting it into first is difficult sometimes. I also notice it seems like shifting in general is a tab bit on the clunky side. Could this be a sign of bad synchros or something? Will flushing the tranny fluid and getting some good redline stuff or something help that? Or do i need a tranny swap.

sounds like bad synchros.... try flushing and changing the fluid .... might help

What would be a good tranny swap for my motor?

no clue maybe one from the D16Z6 (EX/Si)

Any suggestions for a good very streetable clutch for my car? I want it to grab and not slip... but i dont need a super race cluth cuz i only have a DX lightly modded.

ACT organic disk with the heavy duty pressure plate (very streetable setup)

Back