sexiest thing ever

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yup, I've sat in one (I was like 7 at the time).. there was some weird factoid about having to fuel them after takeoff because the heat would make the tanks expand.. I dont exactly remember.

Still a shame that they decomissioned them.. Who needs to be invisible to radar when you can out run missiles??

Then again, I'm sure that by now they have missiles that could catch it...

whats also cool as hell is that the SR-71 flew at the edge of space. the pilots had to wear space suits (well something like them). i also understand that on its final flight, they broke a speed record. pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Can I ask why the engine is mounted where it is?
for the same reason the a10's twin tf34's are mount above and in front of the horizontals- to block the IR signature of the jet exhaust from being seen by MANPADS IR seekers from the ground. It was actually designed to fulfill the close-air-support role of the a10 and the ac-130 gunships.

And to phyre: the a10 will slow down due to the gau-8 firing, but enough to fall out of the sky. You have to allow the barrel to cool, so the gau-8 can only be fired in small bursts. but yeah, theoretically, if it could fire continuously, it might cause the plane to stall out in certain situations.
mike

I have had most of those planes fly over me at work :( I work in a gravel pit but right in the flight path of a airforce base. A-10's are sweet. I like watching them fly around.

Come on guys, lets get back on topic,

wheres those damn pictures at! Take some of her while shes sleeping.

To correct you, reiko, it's a JET engine with wings and bombs, not a rocket, lol.

The F15 is cool too.

F35 jsf is my current favorite as of now, followed by the f22 and the EuroJet

JSF FTW!

I might be able to see a few up close later this week. :D

Yeah, but that doesnt count because its alien technology.. :ph34r:

I do love that plane. I think it still holds the speed record.

Yeah, speeds that won't ever be published anytime soon.

Come on guys, lets get back on topic,

wheres those damn pictures at! Take some of her while shes sleeping.

Horndogs! All of you! TTIWWOP! :D

B1%20Bomber%20over%20Pensacola%20Beach.jpg

;)

I saw this thing at the Miramar air show last year and thoguht it was awesome. it handles awesome and is sweet looking

WTF? the thread starter posts a comment,then brags about his ''hot'' sister. and never shows pics!!!!!!! then we get into f22,f14,15's what the hell i wanted to see some boobies!!!!!!! aghhhh worst thread ever! well besides my mardi gra thread.lol

Well his thread sucked ass so we jacked it and made it better:)

obviously driverunknown does'nt take the time to look at girls he must know me prettygood to call me a stalker but If you live in vegas how about we go for a run and post footage

senate9427 has a point it suck's he's more into talking to guy's then talking to or about girl's

we got girl support.....WHERE MY PICS AT YIZZLE!!.....dont make me post another plane.

Post some pics, they don't have to be of your sisters :)

lol what do you drive? I don't really street race but I do auto cross.

I want teh unlocked computer system in the F22 to see what i can do with it.

how about we get some pic's of you ls girl from pic I've allready scene you look pretty damn good . wait on the pic's I having a hard time downloading them but no more airplane's Reikoshea if any thing how about you throw some up also

Last edited:
ok...this thread got my attention....now to do a Celerity-type post...

A. The A-10 doesn't need to add power to the engines to fire the gun to counter-act the re-coil....most of the times it's already in a dive and lining up on target before it shoots...and the gun bursts are not long enough to cause any recoil...plus while firing spent uranium shells, one they are fired in a few hundred lob's...they have enough kick to detroy what every they are fired at. The A-10 pilots don't waste ammo....they have too many targets to fire at all the time.

B. The SR-71 is still the sub-orbital high speed record holder...but the space shuttle is faster....

C. F-16's.... Us F-15 guys called them lawn darts...one engine, and one shot to that engine...into the ground it goes....like a lawn dart. Plus they don't have the power that the F-15 has for munitions capacity.

D. The best all around aircraft is the F-15...the end. Fighter, Bomber, and speed....it doesn't have Vtec...but it has a Vmax switch....to bad it can only be used once in flight....imagine a gaint nos bottle.....hehe. And I just gave all my F-15 guages away for the white Z....:( ohh well...boost will be fun. :D

E. I love planes, I hate helicopters, and WTF do I work on everynight....damn helicopters....:mellow: I think I've listed all the planes I've worked on before... So I won't go there unless somebody wants to know...;) But right now I'm working on S-92's and S-76's....some sweet heli's... I already got tired of working on the Blackhawks and Seahawks...so I went to the commercial side again....

one of the 92's I've built... well...hell...I've worked on everyone from aircraft 006 thru 039....right now we are ground testing 039....

First%20landing%20S-92%20Oseberg%20A%2023.5.05.jpg

Back