Sexy Rexy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if it were my car the first thing id do is shave that nasty plastic ring that goes around the whole car and then paint those nasty plastic bumpers, or better yet fab your own body kit to get rid of the nasty transition from the body to the bumpers/sideskirts and make it flush...nasty is the only word that describes that ghetto plastic on ef's..

well its not your car... and its a good thing.. you'd probably ruin the car.

if it were my car the first thing id do is shave that nasty plastic ring that goes around the whole car and then paint those nasty plastic bumpers, or better yet fab your own body kit to get rid of the nasty transition from the body to the bumpers/sideskirts and make it flush...nasty is the only word that describes that ghetto plastic on ef's..
people like this is exactly why a clean stock crx is hard to find. Fabbing your own body kit is ALWAYS a bad idea unless you do it for a living. Even then, with this car, its just dumb.

also Y-56 compared to Y-49
exactly 7 off....

must be lucky ;)

ya what bad taste you have blackdahlia6. You should really not come in some one elses build thread and tell people your ideas (unless asked) espesialy bad tasteless ideas.

Y-49 curses strikes again..

but the end of the story
its-beautiful.jpg

Ok so I managed to scummage around google for some crx's with Y-56 and this is what I found

2368882856_23456abf6d.jpg

2925125773_dbe03bc581.jpg

2925125843_be53513eed.jpg

I'd have a yellow hood with some Drag DR 20 rims in gold :)

Gold may look weird but i would have to see it, bronze maybe?

As far as Honda rim choices 2000si, GSR blades, and HX style rims seem to never look bad.

I thought that to until I saw on Honda tech a y-49 crx with gold DR 16. It looked Hella fresh.

Found some Hella fresh rims

hella.jpg

I love the look of the first rex. Clean, only thing i would do is modify the 90-91 corner lenses to fit to get rid of the screws and possibly the taillights to the 90-91 style.

Just beware of the Y-49 curse ;).

the 90-91 bumper with the fog light inserts are sexy too

i had a yellow back in the day. si and man it was so awesome. found out it was in a wreck , got ripped off on the motor swap,blew the headgasket.......i still want another. except my red crx struck me better so thats going to be my next one.

once u see a quality job of what i described you will agree it looks pretty good. theres this guy by my school who restores crx's and he does the same thing im talking about. the bumpers and skirts he made are the same dimentions as oem only more contoured and smooth, however they still retain the body lines of the car. to get an idea it looks like an eg and ef front bumper had a baby

im spreading ideas around man

and its hard to find a clean stock crx because they are 20 years old....

however the side skirts on the cars im talking about dont extend as far down and dont have that bubble shape as that one in the photo. and obviously dont have a spoiler

Wings west body kit? Wow. Resourceful.....
Which is just a Mugen knockoff. :mellow:

And why would it look styled like an EG. The EG still has those bump strips unless you have a CX.

Buy an EG. This is why front end conversions rarely turn out right. The body lines and contours don't match up with everything else.

Back