Sexy Welds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I wouldnt try running that car on the same map. Definately going to be VERY lean.
understandably so, i figure if i stay out of boost i can move the car around without needing a trailer, but i can't flog it til i get a suitable tune.
i would say i more went helen keller with the plasma cutter, when i cut the hole for the wastegate dump i made it way to large, then had to fill that gigantic gap.

in order to pass inspection, the guy i want to take it to came by so i asked him, most stock turbo cars have internal wastgates that run backinto the exhaust system, so i figure to pass inspection i needed it to go to the exhaust.

Welds...

I'm in the same boat, due to routing I have to have compound bends the trick I'm doing is as I add a section of 15 degrees I take my die grinder to the inside and clean it up to smooth out the air flow.

By the way what are you welding with? I'm using a flux core setup mig and I get a lot of splatter.

mig? i don't really know beyond that, copper wire
crx121.jpg

crx122.jpg

could've filled a gap like this guy, pure hmt stylin'

is that a bolt he welded in there?!?!?

Back