SG (1st gen) Civic D16 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E2jc

Ok, does anyone know where i can get Engine and transmission mount templates for this swap? i'd like to know so i can start making them.

Thanks.

what you can do, is take the old engine out, place the D on a hoist and lower (or raise if the car is on a lift) into roughly the position you want it to sit. what you'll be most concerned with is axle angle, you want them to have as straight a shot to the hub as possible. clearance as necessary, then use some small blocks of wood or Styrofoam in the place where the mounts bolt up. carve them until they line up with the holes on the engine/trans and the mount in the engine bay. you can use a drill bit and drill out the holes (you can just twist it with your hands if you used Styrofoam) to make sure the dimensions are correct. once that's done, get some scrap metal and start the cutting/welding/bending process. and good luck, you'll need to convert to fuel injection, and do some extensive wiring.

might be cheaper to just buy an old non-running ef for like $500 and pop the D in there, but don't let me discourage you, the first guy trying to get an H22 into a CRX was the laughing stock of his shop... well, actually he still is, but none the less, he was a pioneer. ^.~

Back