SH cams in H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just finished my H22A swap in my 90 accord and I can get my hands on a set of SH cams for $30 I just want to know If they will work on my motor with the stock valve train and if I'll run into any problems. My H22A is from a 93 JDM Lude' if that makes a difference or not. Thanks

Yeah, Type SH cams are weaksauce. Same as the USDM H22 cams. You should still buy them though. You could beat two people to death at the same time.

I should mention that a lot of places charge you a core when you buy cams. It probably couldn't hurt to buy them, and save them for later.

Regrinds may not last as long, but they are much cheaper than a new cam ground from a blank. ;)

Yep, keep your JDM cams. Hell, even the real-deal Type-S cams aren't worth what you pay for them. Anywhere from $400-$600 for +/- 5 horsepower.

Yeah, none of those are worth anything more than what you've already got. You can probably sell them separately and make your money back, and then some.

Back