sh*t gas mileage around town

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericL

I have a jdm b16a sir2 with i/h/e (currently no cat) and on the highway I get around 35-37 mpg but around town I get 15-17 mpg...is the lack of a cat causing shit gas mileage or is it something else? Thanks

its from stomping on the gas and redlineing it between traffic lights

Nah, I can't go more than about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle b/c the cops where I am are assholes about loud exhausts...so it's not stop and go...

what kind of ECU are you running???? might be dumping too much fuel ?????

Nada, cleared a knock sensor CEL about a month ago but other than that nothing

1)Have key on "on" position
2)Take one battery terminal off
3)Wait 30sec-1min
4)Re-connect
5)Turn key on "off" position
6)Start car to see if code cleared

Yea I reset the ECU after I fixed the CEL awhile ago. My fuel pressure is about 63psi cruising at 3K and about 75psi at WOT...

Idle it is at around 25 psi, 3k cruising it is at about 63 psi...

Correct me if I'm wrong but after searching around a bit I found common gas mileage problems due to: O2 sensor, plugs/wires/dizzy, bad fuel filter, catalytic converter, MAP, TPS, bad timing, and wrong octane gas.

It seems like most of these would cause crap gas mileage all the time...whereas I am getting great highway mpg but the around town mpg is suffering...any suggestions as to what to try first...I was thinking fuel filter and throwing on the catalytic converter instead of the test pipe...

for what it's worth, i havea testpipe on my b16 powered vehicle and notice no change in gas mileage at all.
Don't waste your time with that.

k cool, i really didn't think that a test pipe would mess up the gas mileage...

Back