shaking like mad y0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
i got 2 12" kicker comp vr's in my trunk yesterday and it rattles like hell.

at the moment, i have just a wedgepack of dynamat covering the gaps in the trunk lid. that did basically nothing, although it did help on my old single 10" sub. now i ordered two more wedgepacks of dynamat extreme off sounddomain.

i fixed the license plate rattle, but what else should i smother in dynamat to fix the terrible rattles? i'm doing another layer on the trunk lid to make sure everything is cover (right now it's just kinda spotted on piece by piece). but that shouldn't take all 8 sq ft that i ordered.

suggestions?

I hooked my car up ghetto style. I used a shop towel and folded it up long wise so it was about 20" long and 1-2" wide, then i put this in between the trunk and the trunk lid when it closes, this makes a tighter seal for the trunk to sit on and there was a ton less rattle, I guess you could add silicone and do it right, but I didn't want to get messy. I think they also make larger trunk seals for this purpose too, but the shop towels worked good, I put one on each side of the trunk latch.

easiest way is to turn the fucker up, and feel around for the rattles. if you find one, then cover the metal underneath the plastic with dynamat, not everything, but more so where the metal meets the plastic.

thats how i got rid of most of my rattles. there are some you just cant get rid of though.

Back