share your speeding stories

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive had too many parking tickets to count. like 20+. sometimes im late for class and dont feel like wasting 10 more minutes getting the permit, then walking to the building, or i dont have money on me to pay for the temp permit. so ill park in the lot right in front. ill pay the 10 dollar ticket, no biggie to me.

i lost my licens 2 times for speeding on rt8 going to torrington. the people around me will know all about the state cops there! but since then i stoped goign so fast in bad parts of the highway. i got cought street raceing one time and it got thrown out in court. i cant waite till summer cuz my car will be fresh gold and prolly between 350 and 400 hp so i am shure i will be losing it again. lol

i lost my licens 2 times for speeding on rt8 going to torrington. the people around me will know all about the state cops there!

hehe, i've been nabbed there before as well.
luckily, i wasn't flying... 79 in a 65, $369 and its all over.

The only ticket worth mentioning....Pulled over for doing 110 on my way home from work...I was about 10 miles from my offramp when the chp said he started following me, and pulled me over 1/2 mile from my exit. I was playing around with a brand new Olds Aurora. Quick little old man cars.

The best time ever had with a cop - Mid November, last year. The vehicle: 2005 Yamaha R6. I am on my way to work, and I notice a BMW Z8 driving the same direction on the highway. The drool factor is pretty high, as I see Aston Martins more often than I see Z8s, so I'm stoked on seeing one, not paying attention to my speed, which is about 80 mph, going through a pretty well known speed trap in my area. Sure enough, on this day, there happens to be a patrol car sitting in the normal spot. On any normal day, I'd be doing about 70-75 through there, knowing that 80% of the time, there is a cop there. Today, I was still thinking about the Z8. Well, not really wanting to stop, I drop it into 5th and hit the gas, jumping from 80 to about 150. The officer, obviously following me, has no way to identify me, as my license plate is bent up so you can't see it, and obviously I have my gear on. The highway patrol is falling slowly away. I'm sure he is maxing the car out, because he is not going away that fast, but I slowly lose sight of him, and slow down a bit. I'm a few miles from work on the freeway (I work in a relatively rural area n california), and I notice in the distance the chp is catching up. He is probably 1/2 mile behind me, so I gas it again, lanesplitting through traffic at nearly double their speed. It literally felt like I was passing them at a normal freeway speed, as though they were standing still. I lose him again, exit the freeway, park in the back parking lot of my work, and go into work, my veins pumping with adrenaline. I was totally stoked that I didn't get caught...

About 45 minutes later, I hear the pitter patter of helicopter blades flying around outside. I figure that it's the highway patrol heli, but I make no big deal of it, and just keep on doing what I'm doing.

30 minutes goes by, and the thwapping of the blades gets more consistently resounding in the area nearby. I walk outside and notice that the heli is circling the restaurant/motel parking lot with it's lights flashing. This is the point at which I start to worry. But then it gets worse. I go back inside and continue to work, only to hear from one of my coworkers that there are 4 highway patrol cars hanging out by my bike, feeling the engine, and waiting for someone to come outside and try to get on. I was freaking out in my head, thinking they had me for sure. But they never came inside the restaurant. Pretty much everybody working knew my story, and was gonna back me up. One of my friends went outside for a smoke break, and the patrol officers asked her if she had seen any riders in the restaurant. She said no, and went her way to go have a smoke. They hung around for like an hour, but there was no way in hell I was walking outside. After a while, they just left, and a sheriff drove by seriously like every hour. Luckily I didn't get off until like 1am, so no one was around when I left. I went home by a completely different way, and didn't take the freeway for like 2 weeks. The patrol officers tilted my plate down though, which I promptly tilted back up as soon as I left work. Scariest and stupidest thing I've ever done. There is nothing like outrunning the cops on the open highway in the middle of the day and getting away with it.

in reguards to the last story. how the hell can the cop do anything in terms of "illegal mods" when you are out of state? i mean, thats like driving from FL (no emissions) to another state that has emissions, and getting pulled over for modified exhaust or something. stupid.

I realized that after the fact, but when you have an obviously very angry (and armed) state trooper staring at you through the window. I wasn't gonna be like "well, im from out of state, so fuck you." MA has worse restrictions - technically anything other than stock is illegal.

I get pulled over all the time, but rarely for speeding. 1st time was for racing a mustang like 1-2 months after I got my license. Cop let me go and cuffed the mustang driver.

And the only other time worth mentioning was when I got back from Seaside(exit 82) to my house(exit 117) after a night of drinking in about 22 minutes. Didn't get pulled over though.

I have since smartened up on both stories.

i think i've ditched the cops more times than most of you have gotten pulled over

some memorable times
random road block for inspection/registration check
go through fine on my ninja600
after clearing the block i take off
steady 100+, passing cars on the left or right shoulder
didn't realize a cop decided to come yell at me for leaving the road block heavy on the throttle
he caught up with me about 10 miles down the road
got a few tickets but none for speeding cause he didn't clock me but said i know you were doing well over 100 cause i was doing over 90 to try and catch up with you, but can i prove it? (insert me with a big grin) no

d16a1 swapped crx
just went from soft/side 17's to some low profile 15's, a bit narrower rubber
pull up to a light on a knoll, decide to launch when the light turns green
i highly spin 1st and then continue the spin into 2nd, and see 2 state boys sitting there talking
get pulled over, one in front of me, one behind me
they give me the riot act, i tell them i just changed tires and was not used to the tire spin, they look at me and say... "you know you got second too right?"
let off with a warning

i think i've ditched the cops more times than most of you have gotten pulled over

some memorable times
random road block for inspection/registration check
go through fine on my ninja600
after clearing the block i take off
steady 100+, passing cars on the left or right shoulder
didn't realize a cop decided to come yell at me for leaving the road block heavy on the throttle
he caught up with me about 10 miles down the road
got a few tickets but none for speeding cause he didn't clock me but said i know you were doing well over 100 cause i was doing over 90 to try and catch up with you, but can i prove it? (insert me with a big grin) no

d16a1 swapped crx
just went from soft/side 17's to some low profile 15's, a bit narrower rubber
pull up to a light on a knoll, decide to launch when the light turns green
i highly spin 1st and then continue the spin into 2nd, and see 2 state boys sitting there talking
get pulled over, one in front of me, one behind me
they give me the riot act, i tell them i just changed tires and was not used to the tire spin, they look at me and say... "you know you got second too right?"
let off with a warning

lol, i got one when i was driving from ohio to portland, just outside of salt lake city, cop pulled me over fo doing 100 behind a semi truck, thought i was going to jail, she says " your following to close to the trucks, back off" and then she walks away, i smartened up and slowed down on the street the past couple of years.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRAFTING FTW!
I knew a kid that use to deliver meds early in the morning and he would draft semis. If he was lucky one would pull up behind him and he would get insane gas mileage, as he smoke his bowl, as he was doing his job.

Speeding Ticket #1.

9/2000; Nice clear Indiana night in September, I was off work for the night and was filling up at the gas station (oh... the days of 99 cent gas in a car that got 55 mpg...) when I decided to just go for a drive.

I'd made my left onto IN14 coming through New Haven when I started getting a paranoid feeling at this dark blue car coming up on me hard.

I look down at the speedo, 57. Look up at the sign, 35.

Oh shit... inattention? Surely this is my first time, he'll let me go. Not a chance, 140 dollar ticket.

Speeding Ticket #2.

10/2000; I was bored so I decided to go for a drive, it was Thursday night, I had school but I wasn't tired. So I start wandering around in an addition one of my friends lives in. Coming up the arterial leading from the addition, I see another dark blue cruiser on my ass.

Again? Fuck. I pull into Krogers and he flips on the lights. I'd apparently hit 40 mph in a 25.

Relax, it was after midnight, all the kiddies were in bed. Kinda wish I had been too. Apparently my sister had heard my name over the scanner and decided to call my parents thinking I was being arrested.

I got my ass chewed out for that one.

Speeding Ticket #3.

01/2001; I landed myself in court with this little debacle. You know how teenage boys are aggressive on the road? Well, I fit that profile to a T back in the day.

Long story short, somebody was riding my ass while I was doing 45 in a 45. When the lanes opened up, he sped up and went around me... pissed that he'd been tailgating me, I hit the gas to go around him and get back in front of him and hit the brakes to be the little dickhead I was, but it was too late. Fort Wayne Officer Asswipe (only cause he bitched me out) nabs us both. I think I hit 62, right after the speed limit dropped from 45 to 35.

Owned.

Went to court, paid court costs. Paid the speeding ticket fine, paid the reckless driving fine. Paid the 30 for, and spent 3 hours in defensive driving class (which is more or less a joke, yet a waste of a saturday) and all told I think about 450 dollars later... I still had my license for that one.

Almost 6 years later now I've been ticket free and a hell of a lot more careful on the road. I constantly get tailgated, which I hate, but I'm not getting another ticket for losing my temper and being an immature fuckwad endangering everyone else.

Sure I've raced with the EGT and Si, but not in the city.

I got pulled over last February for having just my fog lamps on though, by the time they caught up to me just east of Minnich on IN930, I'd already turned my headlights on so they just verbally warned me.

What a waste of time. I could see, I know I was seen... blah blah, New Haven is boring though.

Yeah, mine are on if I'm driving the car all the time.

Just your foglights on at 1:30 am?

I was actually doing that the month before I bought will's hatch

"I'm not tailgating, i'm drafting"

:p

the 86 civic 1300 had no 4th gear. (someone put 90 weight in the gear box and burned it out due to lack of lubrication at the end of the shaft.)

Would barely keep up with traffic on a congested stretch of hyway towards Tucson. The only way I could do 65 without overheating was to let a truck suck me along in his wake. Speed limit was 75, so when traffic thinned out, id lose the 'tow' and end up stuck at about 62 miles and hour with traffic then building up behind me.

I speed pretty often, I always go 40 in town, 85-90 on the freeway, never been pulled over. Once I think I ditched a cop, traffic was kinda thick behind me so I just continued going 90 after blasing by him (he tried to pull off behind me) but I never saw him again during that trip. I slowed down after about 20 miles just to be safe though.

I speed just about every time I get behind the wheel but I usually know what I'm doing. Always got an eye on the lookout for cops.

I mostly get pulled over for nuisances like my stereo being too loud.

First ticket I got I was in San Antonio, was doing my boy a favor, his stratus was in the shop getting the clutch changed he had to work so he asked me to pick it up for him so I caught a taxi, ask for directions back to the base, they said just get on 90 down the road it'll take u to it. So i get on 90 not really paying attention but after about 30 minutes of driving I started thinking, it didn't take this long to get here so I got off and ask for directions, same thing just stay on 90 so I get back on another 20 minutes passed a sign said entering del rio, so I pulled into a gas station asked again girl at the register said u need to take 90, the other way. So I'm sweating my ass off like dam I'm supposed to be to work in an hour, so I get on back on the freeway doing 110 the whole way overtaking cars then I came up behind this gold 4 runner that kept messing with me every time I tries to over take him he's cut me off, so I down shifted and went to pass him in the shoulder the dick snapped hard right to cut me off, so I hit the brakes hard as hell and turned the wheel to come back and pass him on the left butI guess I put to much into cause I ended up spinning out into oncoming traffic then off the road into a ditch. Caught my breath started the car and took off, as I'm pulling out the ditch I see the side of the road lined with cars i guess people pulled over to see if I was all right.

About 15 minutes later I come up on what looks like a road construction site, whole bunch of orange cones in the road signs with reduced speed, then a sign that said dim lights so I did both then this guy jumps up waving a flash light. I thought he was just telling me to put on my lights so I did got out the cones and punched it again bout 10 minutes laterI see the flashing lights in the rear view mirror. Pulled over it's 5 cars old school sheriff running his mouth, "we've been getting calls all night about u, running cars off the road, speeding, passing on the wrong side, running a road block.

So they got me in cuffs did a search found my wallet with my badge in it, he throws it in front of me and is like what's that u look a lil young to be a cop, so I'm like i'm a cop in the Air Force, then he gives me the whipper snapper speech and blah blah blah. Ended up spending the night in Jail my boys came and picked me up the next day. They charged me with wreckless driving, but it never got on my record cause I still had my Virgin Islands license and for some reason the way our system was setup back home state side cops could never bring up my driving record so I ended up having to pay like 500 in fines but kept my license.

#2. 2nd time I got a ticket, I had just got stationed in New Mexico, sold my 98 civic EX and bought a brand new 2002 civic EX, 2 weeks after I got to NM. Went to the club one night and on the way back to base, my boy wanted to race me in his eclipse. So we ran it on San mateo hit nothing but green lights, as i'm starting to pull away from him my radar detector started going off, so I slowed down my boy keeps going & I got stopped. got clocked doing 70 in a 45, got lucky again cause of my license "he couldn't find my record so he gave me a speech bout me doing illegal shit and I still have my temp tags on and let me go with a warning.

#3. Got pulled over 3 days later going down central during broad day, cop said my stereo was too loud said he was 5 cars behind me and could hear my bass, but he couldn't really do anything cause I told him straight up, Albuquerque has a noice ordinance that says after 11pm noice cannot be heard 25 feet from the vehicle, he looked at me and asked how do u know that, I said I'm stationed here as an Air Force cop I've read all your state laws and ordinances. that was that

#4. Same night on my way to the club downtown got pulled over 3 minutes from the club same thing stereo too loud but it's 5 to 11, they tried to run my license but again couldn't find nothing so I got off with a warning. Funny thing is that night I was tryna get into one of the 21 and up clubs with a fake, the bouncer wasn't buying it so he called 2 cops over, turned out to be the same 2 cops that pulled me over, & they were like oh he's cool he's of age we just pulled him over, they told me just shom him your Virgin Islands ID, i'm like I left it in the car. They looked at my military ID and told him to let me in.

#5. Leaving another club again this time it's some shawties in a mustang I noticed in the parking lot that I wanted to get at, so I took off out the parking lot didn't even get a chance to turn the radar on, saw the lights behind me so I dipped off down a side street down another hit a perfect 180 and parked in someones driveway and hit the lights. cops drived right passed me.

#6. Then one night me and one of my boys went to pick up some shawties that stayed on one of the streets that's known for cruising so the cops stay posted up. Pissed me off cause I wasn't even cruisin or tryna race that night, had other plans. But any way we pulled out of their apartments got into the turning lane my boy is in an all black grand am gt, with blue neons, I haad white neons cause the blue ones I had kept blowing cause I had them hooked up to my amp so when the bass hits they pulsated to the beat, he made the light I didn't, then I notice this cop in the lane next to me suddenly turns his car to get behind of me, I'm like oh shit, told old girl I'm bout to get pulled over for my music being to loud again. Sure enough the light turns green I made my turn and he hit is lights. But it wasn't for the music is was for my neons, said it was illegal to drive with them on, we must have stayed there arguing back and fourth about it for 30 minutes when I got really pissed said I'll see u in court took the ticket and left. The next night I was on patrol so I stopped at the Law enforcement desk got the NM statute book looked up the title he cited me under which said "Drivers are permitted to have 2 light bars one on either side of the vehicle on the run board as long as they are white or amber in color" went to court with reciepts showing they were white, pics, and of course my reference, judge read over every thing threw it out and chewed out the rookie patrolman.

#7. Again leaving the club tryna catch some shawties, this time I'm in my 99 passport just bought it 3 weeks prior. Music blazing, just as I caught up to them, manage to toss one of my cards through their window I see the lights behind me, I pulled over, 2 cops approached I handed them my info along with my military ID, I guess it was the senior officer who asked, do u have any reason for going so fast u were doing 55 in a 50, quick thinking, I was like sir I'm a cop stationed at Kirtland AFB and we just got recalled. So he let me go

#8. Got back from Korea in 2004 got rid of the passport and the Ex, and got the 2000 Si. Me and my cousin was on our way down town & I had to stop to get some black & milds so instead of taking the freeway like normal I went down central which is like the other street know for cruising so it's always hot with cops. Sure enough got pulled over this time for my exhaust. Again I argued with the cop cause the ordinance is dumb, it states that your exhaust cannot me modified to be louder than it comes from the factory. My arguement was that's stupid cause if u take a mustang from the factory it has that deep low sound and sounds the same as my car, he didn't buy it so I had to go to court. Before IU went though I got my boy who owns the performance shop I get most of my parts from to make up a reciept and back date it saying I had purchased a silencer with my exhaust and he installed it himself, judge threw it out.

#9. Leaving base, just left the auto hobby shop installing my coilovers, waiting at the light at the gate, revved my engine and spun out a lil bit got pulled over again, cop said for my exhaust, funniest thing though, he's standing behind my car calling in the info, mind u this is still my Si, I had jusy got it painted the month before and had removed all emblems and badges. Cop is like i have a 2000 honda accord license plate blah blah. Went to court judge threw it out as soon as I said your honor I don't know what car the officer is talking about I drive a civic not an accord.

#10. My actual 1st speeding ticket cause my wallet got stolen when I got jumped so I had to finally get a stateside license. Me and my cousin were on our way back from texas and mexico last year. I took him there for his 20th b-day. anyway I'm on I-25 and this old sentra pulls up next to me tryna race. this is when I had my boosted B16B swap, I took off and left him feeling dumb, me and my cousin r just laughing our asses off, then I hear my radar going off level 2 so I know there's a cop near my I looked at the speedo and I'm like oh shit 135, tried to slow down as much as I could without being to obvious didn't work, state trooper pulled over said he clocked me at 120, but he was cool about it, said he won't have my vehicle towed cause I could be charged with this and that, said he'd drop it to 105 if I agreed to pay the fine, only $200, I said sure, didn't really worry bout it till I got the notice in the mail saying 6 points were accessed to my record and if I got another ticket within a year my license would be revoked. Went to the dmv on base to pay the fine and the girl there said she would clear it from my record, i guess she really did cause I checked their database a few days after and couldn't find no record of it but I still made sure to stay low key for the year.

Back