Sharing my EG rear disc swap experience

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UNDR8D

...has a job!
So I just drove my LS swapped EJ2 with rear disc conversion for the first time today and I wanted to share my experience. My braking setup is:

Front - Baer Decela drilled/slotted rotors, ceramic pads
Rear - DC2 disc conversion, factory rotors, ceramic pads
Fluid delivery - EX 15/16 master cylinder w/ factory 40/30 proportioning valve

I have left the factory prop valve in because it is such a slut to change with the intake manifold in so, I'm going to change it when I get a Skunk2 IM, or whatever.

So, with the 40/30 prop valve, the pedal is very hard, and the car has more than adequate stopping power. People say that you MUST change the prop valve but, I don't feel like it is a necessity. I think the 15/16 master helps quite a bit. We will see how it is with the 40/40. I will update when I actually change it. Just wanted to share. It is definitely worth doing the rear disc conversion.

Can we get some pictures please? How long did it take you to do it, I have a 92' DX sedan, I'm planning on doing it myself once I scrounge up the parts. I've heard it's really easy. Any modifications of parts at all? Or does it just straight up bolt right in with all the existing mounts and bolts?

I will post pictures tomorrow. It is very easy. No modification required. Of course, that is old information which can be found in any of the FAQ sections.

I will post pictures tomorrow. It is very easy. No modification required. Of course, that is old information which can be found in any of the FAQ sections.

Sweet. Really? I guess I didn't look nearly long enough for information, either that or I just skipped over it by accident. I'll look again, but if you get a chance, would you post the links to the threads you are referring to? I'd appreciate it very much :)

Back