sharks are fun

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
went surf fishing this morning right down the street. there wasnt anything biting besides the jacks. there are always sharks on the beach when theres bait around so i caught the smallest jack i could (14" or so), free-lined it out. I had this girl on within 5 mins, and fought it for over 30 minutes, right as the sun was coming up. my arms are so tired, it feels like i was lifting weights or something. I love it! it was a fun morning :)

sorry the pics arent great, a kid on the beach took them
shark001.jpg

shark003.jpg

shark004.jpg

shark006.jpg

the only reason we killed it was some guys on the beach really wanted it to eat, so i let them have it.

yeah id rather keep snapper, grouper, snook, sheepshead... stuff like that. and there are plenty of those around here.

as far as sushi... yeah this shark was heavy, i couldnt get it all the way off the ground. to give the pictures some scale, i am 6'2" 195 lbs..... it had to have been well over 100lbs

Last edited:
damn thats a nice size shark. ive had shark steak before. im not sure from what shark exactly it came from, but it was really good cooked on a grill :)

haha.. nice catch.. i remember as a kid my friends dad brought home a shark he caught while deep see fishing.. it was probably about that size

Back