Sharpie Art

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would totally do that. Speaking of, there is some sort of DSM roaming the berlin turnpike with sort of treatment. The whole thing is done in sharpie - Looks good (Again, the actual art isn't my style).

I had thought about this with my Integra. I wanted to put up equations.

We're doing it !

Have a hood out now, prepping for paint. We're breaking it into sections for different ideas. The first thing to do : We're doing some sharpie sun-fade tests with a few different clear coats. We're going to leave one hood outside, and another inside for a month and then compare.

I'm also doing a paint etch / bare metal mock-up. I did this once before on my 82 200SX and it didn't turn out too well. This new painter I'm working with is confident that it will work this time (Mine rusted real bad).

It's a complete grinder-removal of all paint on the body - bare metal. Then simply a clear coat. Finding a body like the 200SX (Which was all flat surfaces, facet-shaped) is the tough part now. Doing it on curved metal is tough as hell. I have a 12" sanding pad for hand sanding, and I'm the only one with the wrist muscle memory to do such a large sanding job. Oh, and I don't want to do it.

Wow.. You're in a mood.

And it's not even Valentine's day !

We're doing it !

Have a hood out now, prepping for paint. We're breaking it into sections for different ideas. The first thing to do : We're doing some sharpie sun-fade tests with a few different clear coats. We're going to leave one hood outside, and another inside for a month and then compare.

Start a thread and take some pics, or post em in this one. I want to see how it looks and comes out.

GOOD LUCK~!

Had this for a couple months now. Let the girlfriend and her brother play around with it.

4-23-12.jpg

There was a sharpied Lambo runnin around in my area last year. It was bad ass.

Back