shave or french antenna

Should I shave or french my antenna?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
should i shave or french my antenna on my 1990 Integra GS? pic below of the antenna to show you the area where the antenna is located at.

gallery_16_54_1091317231.jpg

ok did some googleing and basicly found that this is what a "frenched" antenna is

shaun7.JPG

im not diggin it and i dont really think it would look good on a 2nd gen teg

although it seems to be the "common" thing to do i would have to say shave it

that trucks a piece of shit. shave it and get a glass-through :p

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 31 2004, 08:37 PM
that trucks a piece of shit. shave it and get a glass-through :p
[post=370901]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Shave it and stick a Fuba on the windshield.

Is that why my buddy has that antenna in his windshield?

Crazy, I didn't know that was the style.

i like a freched look when done properly but the hole is way to large in that photo

Looks ok frenched, but shaved is much cleaner. Plus, you'd have to clean in that area, and hope that it never rusts.

I vote shave.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 31 2004, 10:26 PM
Is that why my buddy has that antenna in his windshield?

Crazy, I didn't know that was the style.
[post=370934]Quoted post[/post]​

I guess- I'm talking about the stick on antennas that lay on your windshield glass, not the smaller rubber looking whip antennas.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you still have an antenna of some sort. I put the factory block off plate on my civic, and now I can't even get local stations, not that I want to listen to Clear Channel radio anyway....

I got an amplified antenna off ebay and shaved the stock antenna. You just need a filler piece welded in and you can smooth it and paint it to look like it was never there. Just dont get any weld spatter on the window, itll make it shatter into a billion pieces. Thats not even that bad of an exageration.

yip splatter 9 times out of ten will just melt intot he glass and leave little nard beads of metal in the window u cant get out....seen it many times

but i dont reccomnend it....get a welding blanket and cover the window

Back