Shaved door handles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Who thinks it's hott and who thinks it's not, I already did it so theres no turnin back now, o and i did it myself, it took me at least 4 and a half hours for each door.

how did you did you shave them and where did you get the solenoids from? if ya didnt do it right your gonna be pissed an a few months and a lot of the solenoids out there suck dick

you aint even gotta have solenoids, dude. take a brake cable from a BMX bike, attach it to the door frame, and run the cable to the handle. then run the cable to the fenderwell, and attach it to some sort of lever (i used a gas door release latch off of an old junked truck) in the wheel well, upwhere noone can see it. works like a charm, and is a hellovalot more reliable than poppers, and cheaper too.

Originally posted by xyswany@Oct 9 2003, 07:35 PM
i didnt know afro-engineering was so popular amungst the HS crowd. :D

haha ghetto rig. you should see the wiring in the back of my 240 some kid had subs and rape the shit out of the wiring

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Oct 9 2003, 11:59 PM
The only thing shaved should be my bitch.

Wish I had a bitch. :(

lol

I don't think it's legal to do it in some states...i dunno though.

It looks good for show, but for a daily driver wouldn't it be a pain in the fuckin a? :unsure:

edit: i mean shaving the door handles, not your bitch. :lol:

Seeing how we own a custom body shop i have the upper hand on this! heres the trick.. take out your stock door handle.. trace it on a piece of metal thin enough to bend and work with! get it to conform.. than epoxy or welded in.. there is a small lip on the door that will hold it when epoxed! Than use some filler and block it!

For poppers i reccomend BallsRodandcustoms.com they are the best! And for added securtity hide a switch just in case~!

as for a daily drive its that much easier! Think about it... if you dont have a remote door locks you have to manualy open it with a key than lift the handle!!
Now when they are shaved press the botton va la!!! youve done it all in one!

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Oct 9 2003, 06:59 PM
The only thing shaved should be my bitch.

you sometimes worry me.....

your one-liners are a force to be reckoned with :lol:

Actually, It looks good to me, and it defenitly nice to have not usin a key, I kinda wired it wrong so channel 2 opens the passenger door then a second later it'll open the driver door, channel 3 and 4 open the drivers door, but that ok, since It's not like im going to have a passenger jumo in without me,

O and don't have welding skills so I just fiberglassed it up, then some plastic filler, it looks straight and even with the body though.

And yes my bitch is shaved tool!

Beleive me I get alot of attention off them even without my car being painted right now.

I've never gotten pulled over or had anything said to me in new jersey or pennsylvania so I guess it's legal.

mu buddy had shaved handles on his hatch with no poppers... he had to crawl in through his hatch... lol :) or leave his window cracked open

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Oct 12 2003, 06:18 AM
mu buddy had shaved handles on his hatch with no poppers... he had to crawl in through his hatch... lol :) or leave his window cracked open

Might as well weld the doors shut for added security at that point. :ph34r:

Shaved Bitches yes!!

Shaved door handles...I dunno...depends what you like!

I think they are alright!

I have seen some stupied shit where they saved a part of the door handle and it looks retarded! Do not do that!

I just think they make the body flow no matter what! It doest matter if your looking for the racing look or show it looks great!

Well, im going for show and go, just waitin for the turbo for the go. Anyway your friend is a jackass tell him to just buy some new doors and never even touch a shaved door again. If i ever loose my remaote, I'm fucked because i never installed my back up switch and I shaved the hatch lock too along with all the moldings and license plate holder, It looks ok but really needs a paint job. The blue and white primer isn't workig well together. Anyway I love the shaved look except i kinda ghetto rigged my door poppers with wat TOO MUCH jb weld.

yeah if your going to have ghetto shaved door handles you better of not wasting your time and the laughs people are going to have at you!! Buy yourself more primer cause the primer makes your car go faster!!

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Oct 13 2003, 03:37 AM
yeah if your going to have ghetto shaved door handles you better of not wasting your time and the laughs people are going to have at you!! Buy yourself more primer cause the primer makes your car go faster!!

what...in the fuck...did you just say? :huh:

Back