shawn forster, aka nd4sped, is a scammer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

handlebarsfsr

original thread here http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?p=963523

Shawn Forster aka nd4sped is a scammer, theif, and a liar.

last august, after i had completed swapping my ls for my b20, shawn expressed interest in my old ls and the gsr tranny that was on it (which needed repair, the bearings were bad and needed replacment, but the gears and such were fine, as i drove the car up and down my street and my driveway on the tranny). i had met him earlier in the summer when he was up in ct for his mom's wedding, and he seemed like a good guy.i mean, hes a decorated former army ranger, fought in iraq, with a wife and child, the model of who you think a "trustworthy" person would be. As he was driving up here, apparently a few hours into the trip, he seemed sketchy when i asked how much he was going to pay me (he gave me little warning as to when he was leaving, so payment was never discussed). i thought nothing of it until he showed up late in the afternoon. he even took pictures of the motor in the back of his car (the host took them down, and they were on his camera, not mine, so i dont have them saved.) heres the thread (at this point i was obviously blissfully ignorant as to what was going on)
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=34571 i thought it was a bit weird when he showed up and claimed he had no money, yet had $$ to buy several craftsman tool boxes http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=34961. as soon as he got it home he promptly tore it down (and i use tore in every since of the word)
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=34726 for reference, heres the motor and tranny as i owned it- running, and in good shape.
img18339qf.jpg

to prove its my motor, view the last thread, specifically this picture
http://tinypic.com/37amt and compare it to the block stamp of the motor in my car http://img53.echo.cx/img53/8273/img18623gl.jpg as you can see, its the same. after he got it, i asked him many, many times to reimburse me for the parts. first, he promised a set of gsr disc brakes (4 wheel) and a b series shift linkage, then several times he promised unspecified amounts of cash, but never did i see a dime- he always claimed poverty, saying he didnt have a dime to spare. then, a month ago, i see this post
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=51019. now how the fuck can someone be so poor as to not be able to repay their debts of a few hundred bucks, but can drop $1700 on ricer hydrolics? and now the last straw, this
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=53976. again, how is somone poor, but able to buy a $1000 laptop? i spoke with him recently on aim, and heres the whole, unedited conversation

nd 4 sped sf: club integra got hacked dude
Handlebarsfsr: i know
nd 4 sped sf: crazy huh
Handlebarsfsr: yea
Handlebarsfsr: so have you got anything for me
nd 4 sped sf: i dont have anything for anyone
Handlebarsfsr: really
nd 4 sped sf: did your school thing get worked out?
Handlebarsfsr: no i had to put it on a bunch of my credit cards
Handlebarsfsr: now im paying an assload of interest
Handlebarsfsr: you may not have anything for anyone
nd 4 sped sf: wow. thats what I had to do when I started.
Handlebarsfsr: but you have something of mine
Handlebarsfsr: yea i didnt think you'd respond
Handlebarsfsr: your really pushing me shawn
nd 4 sped sf: what
Handlebarsfsr: you've had my motor since august
nd 4 sped sf: dude I would be more than glad to give you this shit back
Handlebarsfsr: youve given me exactly NOTHING for it
Handlebarsfsr: the shit that you distroyed taking it apart and essentially killing its value
nd 4 sped sf: I destroyed nothing
nd 4 sped sf: you fucked it up to start off with
nd 4 sped sf: the head is screwed
nd 4 sped sf: I didnt destroy shit
Handlebarsfsr: you want to tell me that that pile of rusty parts that sat on your porch for 6 months is worth as much as a fully running motor
Handlebarsfsr: really, that motor ran mint when i had it
nd 4 sped sf: you wouldnt have been able to get shit from it just like I havent been able to
Handlebarsfsr: a fully running motor is worth money
nd 4 sped sf: Its run just as fine if I put it back together...
Handlebarsfsr: get me a fulling running, functional, not leaking or burning oil ls motor back in my garage and i'll be happy
nd 4 sped sf: how bout this. Ill put it back together to spec and you can come pick the shit up
Handlebarsfsr: how about its my motor, and its in your possession, and if you cant get it to me, then you can compensate me some other way
Handlebarsfsr: YOU have MY stuff
nd 4 sped sf: then come get your shit
Handlebarsfsr: and when you owe a debt to someone, its your responsibity to make it up
Handlebarsfsr: keep this up shawn
Handlebarsfsr: push me
Handlebarsfsr: find out where it gets you
nd 4 sped sf signed off at 11:29:41 PM.

its a bit of a read, so i emboldened the important stuff. more or less his argument now is that he did me a "favor" by stealing the motor from me, and that if i want the pile of junk that ws my motor back, i need to drive to his house and get it, which is pretty convienient as i dont have his home address, and he wont give it to me (for obvious reasons). i hate that it had to come to this, but im at the end of my rope dealing with this theif, and i want a resolution- since theres obviously no way to get my motor back as he got it, i want due compensation for it. if it comes to needing a lawsuit, i will do it if have to. however i dont have his home address or his home phone number. all i have, thanks to my friend cory (hatch, cornelius) is his cell #, his dad's cell, his dad and stepmom's home addy and home number. he's called them numerous times on my behalf trying to get them to give his info, but to no avail, all they will give out is his address. without further ado, heres all the info i have on the fucker-

his IP Address is: 68.234.111.72. The host name is: 68-234-114-72.chvlva.adelphia.net.
his cell number 540-557-7790

this is his parents info, because apparently he hasnt been at his current address for long enough for online directories to have his info. if anyone can get his info for me, it would be very greatly appreciated.

540-320-9658- dads cell phone number

dad's and stepmom's address

Forster, William
215 W Main St,
Pulaski, VA 24301-4935
(540) 980-9658

Ok first off.... What the FUCK!!!! were you thinking letting someone who you didnt know and didn't live in the same state as you take an engine without giving you money?? I don't live in the same state as you so... you have an engine I can come pick up, I'll pay ya later.....

Ok smack talking aside, I feel for ya. Do you know his license plate #?? It seems like he is a bit of a show-off so maybe he has pics posted with his plates?? If you can get his license plate # I can get you his address. The what you need to do is take a little road trip there and take your engine back. When you get to his town don't bother talking to him just go straight to the Sheriff. Also, don't warn him or he may get rid of the engine. If you can't get his plate number respond and let me know and I'll see if I can figure out his addy from his cell phone #. (You don't happen to know his service provider do you??)

yea, it was really stupid, but like i said, id met him before, he had all kinds of medals, combat vet stuff on his car, etc, and he had driven a long ass way with a 3 year old to come get it, so i felt really, really guilty about sending him away empty handed. i guess this is whatyou get for being trusting.

So you think you can get a license plate # or what??? Cell phone company (may say on his voicemail)???

i dont have a plate number, and i belive his service is verizon. hes currently responding in the other thread on my site (see the "original thread" link), and basically saying that i gave him the motor and he did me a favor, and that me asking for $$ is me trying to scam him. im going to do everything i can to work it out with him before i have to start getting into legal bullshit.

the perfect storm... i mean scam.

medals or not, unless your my BOY, you aren't leaving my house with expensive parts without paying for them first.

I feel your pain that you got scammed, but at the same time, i really can't show any pity... you did it to yourself.

unfortunately, the court is going to say the same thing. unless you have a bill of sale, or an IOU signed by him, you're not going to win your case.

without legal documentation you have nothing. and its really his word against yours, now unless you tape recorded the coversationg where you said "here ya go, pay me later" and he responded with "ok, ill pay you later" you got nothing. no bill of sale, no nothing written out. Now without this you have nothing. Unless you pray that under oath, in a small claims court cuz no REAL judge is going to waste their time, he says yes he did tel you that hed pay you, youd get cash. Now the other outcome would be he give you everything taht you gave him...which most likely wont happen....and neither will getting your money.

yep, I learned this same lesson the hard way earlier this year when I was scammed by a guy from here, that I actually never had added to the scammers list and should have

but yeah, NEVER let parts go without cash, ALWAYS assume if you don't have the money in hand, you'll never see it

i'm sorry you had to get fucked over though bro :-/

HRMMM Pulaski aint that far from me as i live in Radford, VA which is like 30 minutes to 1 hour away....

btw, Pulaski is out in BFE....LOL

Back