Sheet Stainless

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGProject

YEEEEAAHHHHH
After doing some fab work on my own Civic, and a friends EX sedan, I'm looking for a place to buy some more sheet stainless, like 1/8" thickness, or less. I recently made an exhaust heatshield to replace my old, rusted-off, nonexsistent one. I used a home-made break to bend it, and a pneumatic tin snip to cut it. It looks pretty good. I haven't polished it yet, and I don't think I will. I used up the rest of my sheet-stainless making a shield for my friends EX. I'm looking to make an air-intake heatshield for my AEM short-ram, and other random stuff.

Since some of you guys do race-fab, and show stuff, is there any online source that has good prices? I'm not looking at a crapload of metal, probably a few smallish sheets.

If no online dealer sells this stuff - any idea of where in Mass. I could get this stuff?

Thanks for the input, and I'll be sure to post pics pretty soon.

I have no idea. I know it won't be cheap. We have a place called Western Steel close to my shop, and that's where we go. If you don't want a full sheet, I'd look for a local fabricator to sell you a smaller chunk.

look locally i pay 70 for a full sheet of food grade polished stainless

Maybe the shop next to us charges so much for cutting/shearing to size.

$70 isn't bad at all. I take back my previous statement about expensive. :)

hcivic.com, what guage is that(10,12,20)?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 1 2005, 12:54 AM
18 and that a 4*8 sheet of food grade but its been a while and metal is trippleing way to often
[post=467478]Quoted post[/post]​

I asked western steel today, and they said "expensive. The price of stainless is going up way faster than regular mild steel."

They said that they didn't have any in stock, so they'd have to call for a price to order. I was in a rush, I'll call them tomorrow.

I happened to be at a Fab shop yesterday, and they said about $180 for a 4x8 sheet of 18 ga stainless.

He also suggested trying government and other surplus outlets. For me, since it's close, he suggested BOEING surplus.

yeah, way faster than mild steel from what I hear, and mild steel has jumped a lot. The price of scrap is more by the pound than manufactured steel was last year. Save your scraps, you might buy a half rack with a truck load!!! I got $20 for 2400 lbs today. :D

Back